How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane…

How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?

by Jane Yolen

Other authors: Mark Teague (Illustrator)

Series: How Do Dinosaurs...?

This fun, modern fantasy book tells the story of how a dinosaur can still be loved no matter what he does. Whether he flooded the kitchen or kept kicking his parents seat in the car, his parents still love him. The dinosaur always would do something right to make up for the wrong. He would clean up his messes or stay close to his mom in the store. His parents repeatedly told him how much they loved him. ( )
  BayleeWestrick | Mar 2, 2015 |
I would use this book to teach a sequence of events and tell what each dinosaur did. I would also, encourage my students to predict what would happen next in the book. This book provides many opportunities for students to read with expression.( Especially the page the dinosaur makes a mess at dinner). ( )
  Spinea1 | Nov 30, 2014 |
great for young children who loves dinosaurs. teaches children that sometimes people do things but they are still loved. good for younger age. Book doesn't flow as well to me. ( )
  pamelapaige | Nov 29, 2014 |
Summary
This picture book is about a dinosaur, who is not behaving very well. He keeps misbehaving and being disrespectful. After each time he misbehaves, the parents reassure him that the still love him. They love him no matter what he does.

Personal Reaction
I read this book to my children when they get into trouble. This book helps me reassure them that even though they sometimes get into trouble, I still loved them. This book also helps me point out bad behavior to them.

Classroom Extensions
While reading this book, you can ask the children if the dinosaur's behavior is good or bad behavior.
You could also reassure children that even though they misbehave at times, they are still loved.
You can also point out to the children, that their parents forgive them, and that they should forgive their friends.
  theresazeigler | Sep 1, 2014 |
I like this book a lot. I love Jane Yolen and this book it great for kids. I think it will be a good way for little ones to identify with the dinosaurs. ( )
  Heidi_Ruckle | Jul 18, 2014 |

Yolen, Janeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Teague, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

With more than 7 million copies sold, everybody's favorite bestselling dinosaurs are back to say: "I love you," in a VERY big way!

Parents and children can never have enough ways to say "I love you"--and now, America's favorite dinosaurs are giving families a funny book, perfect for bedtime, storytime, anytime. Even when little dinosaurs are naughty, it's important to remind them that no matter what they do, they are always loved. In this book, readers will laugh aloud as parents cope with the typical antics of childhood, but in the end, hugs and kisses show your little one how much you care.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:44 -0400)

Illustrations and rhyming text present some of the different ways dinosaurs can express their love, from cleaning up after making a mess to smiling sweetly instead of roaring.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,289,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible