How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane…

How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?

by Jane Yolen

Other authors: Mark Teague (Illustrator)

Series: How Do Dinosaurs...?

Summary
This picture book is about a dinosaur, who is not behaving very well. He keeps misbehaving and being disrespectful. After each time he misbehaves, the parents reassure him that the still love him. They love him no matter what he does.

Personal Reaction
I read this book to my children when they get into trouble. This book helps me reassure them that even though they sometimes get into trouble, I still loved them. This book also helps me point out bad behavior to them.

Classroom Extensions
While reading this book, you can ask the children if the dinosaur's behavior is good or bad behavior.
You could also reassure children that even though they misbehave at times, they are still loved.
You can also point out to the children, that their parents forgive them, and that they should forgive their friends.
  theresazeigler | Sep 1, 2014 |
I like this book a lot. I love Jane Yolen and this book it great for kids. I think it will be a good way for little ones to identify with the dinosaurs. ( )
  Heidi_Ruckle | Jul 18, 2014 |
This is another book by Jane Yolen that describes situations that young children might find themselves in, wondering if they are loved or not, and can relate to easily. This story is told through the eyes of dinosaurs, who, even when they are misbehaving, know that they are loved. This would be a great book to teach manners, good behavior, respect, and also touches on the themes of love and acceptance, so would be helpful in any classroom or home setting, whether for read aloud or to encourage young readers to take up a book independently. There is just enough repetition to encourage participation if read aloud and to foster confidence when reading independently. The illustrations are colorful and detailed as well, and add humor to this already silly tale. ( )
  SweetBeeBecky | Dec 3, 2013 |
This book is to change the image of how do we think that some animals are rude and scary, but the fiction is other, in this book we see the dinosaurs as a very lovely and nice animals. ( )
  juliafuentesNMSU | Feb 19, 2013 |
Fantastic illustrations! In fact they are quite distracting from the words. I really couldn't take my eyes off the pictures. The story is also very sweet and loving. This would be a great book for the younger kids because of the simple plot, and also because the pictures are just so creative and engaging.
  Lib4282012 | Dec 2, 2012 |

Yolen, Janeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Teague, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

With more than 7 million copies sold, everybody's favorite bestselling dinosaurs are back to say: "I love you," in a VERY big way!

Parents and children can never have enough ways to say "I love you"--and now, America's favorite dinosaurs are giving families a funny book, perfect for bedtime, storytime, anytime. Even when little dinosaurs are naughty, it's important to remind them that no matter what they do, they are always loved. In this book, readers will laugh aloud as parents cope with the typical antics of childhood, but in the end, hugs and kisses show your little one how much you care.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:44 -0400)

Illustrations and rhyming text present some of the different ways dinosaurs can express their love, from cleaning up after making a mess to smiling sweetly instead of roaring.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,027,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible