How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane…

How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?

by Jane Yolen

Other authors: Mark Teague (Illustrator)

Series: How Do Dinosaurs...?

3731929,015 (3.83)1

This charming story about a dinosaur who keeps messing up but his mother still loves him is excellent for young readers to learn expression, prediction, and sequence of events. The big idea that love covers all is a wonderful life lesson to teach young children. ( )
  Kdd026 | Apr 29, 2015 |
This is a very cute illustration book that goes through a dinosaur misbehaving over and over. Even though he keeps getting in trouble and being disrespectful, his parents remind him over and over again how they love him always, regardless of what he does. This is a great book for the younger years to explain that people make mistakes and get in trouble, but we still love them anyways. ( )
  RaineyNicole | Apr 29, 2015 |
This fun, modern fantasy book tells the story of how a dinosaur can still be loved no matter what he does. Whether he flooded the kitchen or kept kicking his parents seat in the car, his parents still love him. The dinosaur always would do something right to make up for the wrong. He would clean up his messes or stay close to his mom in the store. His parents repeatedly told him how much they loved him. ( )
  BayleeWestrick | Mar 2, 2015 |
I would use this book to teach a sequence of events and tell what each dinosaur did. I would also, encourage my students to predict what would happen next in the book. This book provides many opportunities for students to read with expression.( Especially the page the dinosaur makes a mess at dinner). ( )
  Spinea1 | Nov 30, 2014 |
great for young children who loves dinosaurs. teaches children that sometimes people do things but they are still loved. good for younger age. Book doesn't flow as well to me. ( )
  pamelapaige | Nov 29, 2014 |

Yolen, Janeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Teague, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

With more than 7 million copies sold, everybody's favorite bestselling dinosaurs are back to say: "I love you," in a VERY big way!

Parents and children can never have enough ways to say "I love you"--and now, America's favorite dinosaurs are giving families a funny book, perfect for bedtime, storytime, anytime. Even when little dinosaurs are naughty, it's important to remind them that no matter what they do, they are always loved. In this book, readers will laugh aloud as parents cope with the typical antics of childhood, but in the end, hugs and kisses show your little one how much you care.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:33 -0400)

Illustrations and rhyming text present some of the different ways dinosaurs can express their love, from cleaning up after making a mess to smiling sweetly instead of roaring.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,013,491 books! | Top bar: Always visible