Marilyn Monroe: The Biography by Donald…

Marilyn Monroe: The Biography (1993)

by Donald Spoto

Recently added bykristenj4, krwerner, Amnesia, CapAndBells, vivir, private library, MaryEvelynLS, leonvangulik, Pigletto

Believe me when I say that I have read LOTS of books on Marilyn Monroe and so it is with this knowledge that I say, if one is going to read a book about MM this one tends to stick to documented facts, interviews with MM's closest friends and co workers, receipts and recorded dates and does not rely on crazy conspiracy theories. However, those do get a mention but only in the Afterword and are mentioned so the reader knows HOW these conspiracy theories came to life.
Overall, great book. Great facts. Great read. ( )
  MaryEvelynLS | Jun 1, 2014 |
Bought and read this book years ago. A very interesting, sad, shocking but beautifully told story about the life of an actress / woman that still appeals to many a person's imagination, even so many years after she died. ( )
1 vote BoekenTrol71 | Jun 14, 2013 |
This well-done bio convinced me that doctor error was involved in this iconic star's early demise. Will a similar story surface about Michael Jackson? Time will tell- I hope. ( )
1 vote markbstephenson | Jun 2, 2010 |
I received this book for christmas a couple of years ago from my grandmother. I'm not a big reader, but i thought it would be interesting to read the story of one of the most infamous women in history. This book lays out Marilyn's life from beginning to end. It gives us the real story instead of just the portrayals that most people have given about her. It shows how uch of an amazing woman she really was. It is definately a book i will read again.
  KSueMcDonald | Dec 17, 2009 |

Spoto's biography of Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe makes use of over 150 interviews and more than 35,000 pages of previously sealed files, including Monroe's diaries, letters, and other personal and revealing documents. The book reveals new details of every aspect of her life, from her guarded childhood, and her relationships with men and marriages, to her mysterious death. Spoto comments on previous books about Marilyn, and puts to rest questions regarding Monroe's connection with the Kennedys.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:14 -0400)

Fifty years after her death, Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe still beguiles the world, her image enthralling millions. Many books have attempted to explain her allure and tell her story, but none has succeeded as well as this work by acclaimed biographer Donald Spoto.Spoto's exhaustive research uncovers a conspiracy of silence, allowing him to present the facts, free from often-repeated myths and speculation. Granted access to more than thirty-five thousand pages of formerly sealed files containing letters, diaries, appointment books, and other intimate papers, he also interviewed nearly two hundred people who had never before spoken on record. From the papers of Marilyn's psychiatrist and her medical files to recently declassified government documents, the truth emerges and provides a moving, often shocking picture of the real Marilyn Monroe-including her connection to the Kennedys and the bizarre, horrifying truth about how she really died.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,050,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible