Texas Splendor by Lorraine Heath

Texas Splendor (edition 1999)

by Lorraine Heath

Texas Splendor by Lorraine Heath

Texas Splendor
4 Stars

Synopsis:
Convicted of a crime he did not commit, Austin Leigh returns home only to discover that the girl he went to prison to protect has married his best friend. Hurt and confused, Austin sets out to clear his name and encounters a courageous young girl with a mysterious tragedy in her past. As the two grow closer, secrets are revealed that may endanger the precious yet fragile love that has brought them together.

Review:
Such a sweet ending to the series.

Loree is an amazing and loving heroine with a past so tragic and tortured that it boggles the mind how she managed to overcome it so successfully. She is the perfect match for Austin who has suffered his fair share of tragedy and the way in which their relationship develops so slowly, softly and sweetly is the highlight of the book.

In terms of the secondary characters, it was fascinating to see the dynamic between the Leigh brothers, their wives and children. I am a little disappointed that Riley isn't getting his own book and hope that Heath may eventually write it. With regard to Becky's character, to be perfectly honest, she always rubbed me the wrong way and I was pleased to learn that she is not the heroine in the book. Moreover, Becky and Cameron get off a little too lightly for their betrayal in my opinion.

The surprise twist is good but a little to obvious and easy to figure out once all the clues are laid out. Nevertheless, it is a clever way of providing closure to the story.

Overall. a highly entertaining series in general and this book is an excellent conclusion. Looking forwarding to reading more of Heath's books. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
2011 miniring to Kelsey10, travel book box from bookstogive; returned; Austin was convicted of murder and served 5 years. After he gets out, he heads to Austin Texas, convinced he will find who really killed Boyd. But his horse turns up lame and single Loree's farm, Austin stays and helps her out, then when she gets pregnant, marries her. But each has a past and secrets, which are causing rifts in their new marriage. ( )
  nancynova | Jun 22, 2016 |
I was hooked on HR for a very long time - this is my top book
  Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
5 stars. It was a great story. The build up was amazing. I felt the court room scene was a bit silly compared to the whole build up. There is some difficult scenes to deal with, but the author did a good job with it. I enjoyed this book and the whole series very much. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Great conclusion to this historical romance series. It was emotional from beginning to end. I don't know if I could have been so forgiving. The particularly good epilogue was rather nostalgic. Wrongly accused Austin gets out of a five year jail term and on his way to find the real killer he comes across Loree with tragedy of her own. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
For my dear niece Terri

The roads we travel in our youth are seldom smooth. You traveled a difficult road. When you could have turned back, you forged ahead with courage.

May all your future journeys lead you down roads paved with gold.
Moments stolen...never to be regained.

Five years in prison for a crime he didn't commit -- that's how long Austin Leigh has waited to clear his name, and to be reunited with his beloved Becky. But when he is finally released, Becky is married to another. Now Austin is determined to find the killer who destroyed his life and ruined his one chance for love. He is searching for justice -- and for revenge. But what he discovers along the way is something quite different. Her name is Loree Grant, and she's survived tragedy of her own. She is the kind of friend that Austin has never had, a true companion on the long road to forgiveness and redemption. And as Austin slowly bares his soul to this strong and beautiful woman, he begins to open his heart...to love.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,727,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible