Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Prince (2011)

by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Infernal Devices (2), Shadowhunters (1.2)

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: The mortal instruments, which Infernal Devices is a Prequel to.
    The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: great series, with Epic love story, in the supernatural world

English (169)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All (171)
Clockwork Angel was a masterpiece and Clockwork Prince only served to continue its perfection. After completing the book I can only say that Cassandra Clare's expansion of the Shadowhunter universe is amazing. Though the series is directly connected to the Mortal Instruments series, the story is somehow all on its own. I found myself growing further attached to each of the characters in this book (specifically Will) and falling further in love with them. I even started to tear up at certain points. Overall all, I give it 4.5 stars! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
They all break my heart and hold it together just the same.
😭😭😭 ( )
  libraryinthecountry | May 6, 2018 |
I absolutely loved this series. There was something Jane Austin about it. The characters were engaging and powerful and the villains scary and yet you can relate to them. I will certainly be reading more from Cassandra Clare ( )
  KarinaKantas | Apr 20, 2018 |
Honestly, I skimmed parts of this. I think I'm not much for love triangles. Or whatever.
Just tell the damn story. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
Though it started off slow and didn't pick up until rather far into the book, I found the characters truly growing on me for that first time. The explorations of Will's backstory were great and emotional. I found that by the end of the book, in that last scene, I was smiling giddily because of how happy I was with these characters and their progressions. I had low expectations for this book, and though many of the issues I had with it's predecessor were equally present in this one, the characters really came through in this one, and quite made up the difference. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Mar 30, 2018 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lind, HeatherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I wish you to know that you have been the last to dream of my soul....Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent for ever. I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing..."

~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Elka
Prologue: The fog was thick, muffling sound and sight.
Chapter 1: "Oh yes. It really does look just as I imagined."

The special Collector’s First Edition will include a never-before-seen letter from Will to his family!
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

As the Council attempts to strip Charlotte of her power, sixteen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray works with the London Shadowhunters to find the Magister and destroy his clockwork army, learning the secret of her own identity while investigating his past.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,316,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible