Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02.…

Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der… (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:bluna81
Title:Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der Unterwelt
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 578 pages
Rating:***1/2

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: The mortal instruments, which Infernal Devices is a Prequel to.
    The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: great series, with Epic love story, in the supernatural world

English (126)  Italian (1)  All languages (127)
Soon after events in Clockwork Angel, Tessa and her new Shadowhunter friends continue on Mortmain's trail, trying to discover where he is and why he is building an automaton army. Meanwhile, Lightwood makes a gambit for the Institute and Charlotte will have to do everything she can to hold onto her position there - which means if she leaves, Tessa (who is technically a Downworlder) will have to leave too.

I liked the first book in the trilogy for being a little more unexpected and not as angst-ridden as the Mortal Instruments series. And to be honest, these books are perfect light reading when I want an intriguing plot and world, and want to be able to read fast without slowing down to think about things. I did find myself more annoyed with Tessa than ever because she suddenly can't decide between Will or Jem. On the other hand, Will's backstory is interesting and though the cliffhanger came annoyingly out of nowhere, it certainly makes me want to see what new direction the story will take. ( )
  bell7 | Aug 18, 2015 |
This book. I can't.

GIFSoup

SO much love and drama and useless crap. Where the heck was the plot? Somebody tell me?!

*Is still searching for it*

GIFSoup

Anyway. I hate love triangles. UGH. I really did hate Will, but.... I DID feel bad for him at the end. So whatever. I kind of like you, Will. But not too much.

GIFSoup

Ahhh, I felt so bad for Sophie. I mean, *cough*IloveJemtoobut*cough*, Jem C'MON. Head over heels with Tessa? Why are they obsessed over her?! SHE'S USELESS!

And the end, with Jem and Tessa. Just. I just.

GIFSoup

I don't know why I keep reading these books. -_- *cough*Jem*cough* Why does he have to be so attractive?

GIFSoup ( )
  KillerCorp | Jul 27, 2015 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lind, HeatherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I wish you to know that you have been the last to dream of my soul....Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent for ever. I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing..."

~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Elka
Prologue: The fog was thick, muffling sound and sight.
Chapter 1: "Oh yes. It really does look just as I imagined."

The special Collector’s First Edition will include a never-before-seen letter from Will to his family!
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

As the Council attempts to strip Charlotte of her power, sixteen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray works with the London Shadowhunters to find the Magister and destroy his clockwork army, learning the secret of her own identity while investigating his past.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,093,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible