Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02.…

Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der… (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:bluna81
Title:Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der Unterwelt
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 578 pages
Rating:***1/2

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (2011)

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: The mortal instruments, which Infernal Devices is a Prequel to.
    The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: great series, with Epic love story, in the supernatural world

English (151)  Italian (1)  All (152)
Absolutetly wonderful book. Would recomend to anyone. Book pulls you into an amazing world and can keep you there for hours. Wonderful characters great story line. An absolute must read for YA lovers! ( )
  dmytrukc | Mar 13, 2017 |
I can't quite put my finger on why I didn't like this book as well as Clockwork Angel. It didn't seem as though Tessa had any character growth, but Will had so much character growth as to seem out of character. I had trouble buying that Will had went from being an egotistical, irritating jerk to a loving, caring guy. It was implied that he was always that caring person, hiding it to stop people from loving him, but I didn't see that in the first book, and it was a little bit too obvious in the second.

I was also frustrated Jessamyn's stupidity. I had liked her and seen her as a smart, but mentally ill person who just desperately wanted to get away from the magic. Apparently I was wrong about her being smart.

I really like Jem, so it was nice to see some more development from him. I have always liked Jem more than Will, and, quite frankly I wonder why Tessa even wants Will when she has Jem. I liked the development of Sophie and Gideon as well.

Bridget's songs were fun, though I can understand why the characters got so annoyed with them. I mostly liked them because I recognized some of them.

I liked the book, but it wasn't as good as the first one. ( )
  NicoleSch | Feb 26, 2017 |
This book went much deeper than the one before it IMO. It has more feeling. I was instantly drawn into the relationship aspects and knew it was going to be a roller coaster. I am heartbroken for how things fell for the characters. Lots of background information for upcoming books was laid, and also many explanations are given for previously unfinished plots. Still the main story is continued. I really like Will and Jem. They are both good people inside. I enjoy the hints of Magnus that always come along. I've never cared for Jessamine. She's probably my least favorite character from all of the Shadownhunter books I've read so far. I'm very interested to find out what is going to happen with Jem, Will, Tessa, Gideon, Sophie & Cecily. Lots of possibilities! ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
This review contains spoilers

I really like Jem, so it was nice to see some more developement from him. I have always liked Jem more than Will, and, quite frankly I wonder why Tessa even wants Will when she has Jem. I liked the developement of Sophie and Gideon as well.

I liked the book, but it wasn't as good as the first one. ( )
  NicoleSch | Nov 26, 2016 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lind, HeatherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I wish you to know that you have been the last to dream of my soul....Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent for ever. I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing..."

~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Elka
Prologue: The fog was thick, muffling sound and sight.
Chapter 1: "Oh yes. It really does look just as I imagined."

The special Collector’s First Edition will include a never-before-seen letter from Will to his family!
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

As the Council attempts to strip Charlotte of her power, sixteen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray works with the London Shadowhunters to find the Magister and destroy his clockwork army, learning the secret of her own identity while investigating his past.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,196,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible