Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02.…

Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der… (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

1,723None4,099 (4.29)50
Member:bluna81
Title:Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der Unterwelt
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 578 pages
Rating:***1/2

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: The mortal instruments, which Infernal Devices is a Prequel to.
    The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: great series, with Epic love story, in the supernatural world

English (108)  Italian (1)  All languages (109)
To put everything up front, I didn’t really want to read any more Cassandra Clare ever, but things ended up this way because of reasons I’m not at liberty to disclose. If you have an issue with that, please leave this review and go rant privately to someone else. Any trolling comments left on this review will be screencapped and then deleted, so just don’t go there.

Now, much as I’m not a fan of what Cassandra Clare stands for, like endless cash cow milking, I’m not going to lie and say this wasn’t entertaining in its way. Even back before I knew anything about Clare, I liked her books the same way I liked eating as much Halloween candy in one sitting as possible. It was fun at the time, but, even then, I knew it wasn’t good for me. So there’s that. They’re entertaining and they do make you want to keep going to see how such a hot mess will resolve itself.

Read the full review at A Reader of Fictions. ( )
  A_Reader_of_Fictions | Apr 8, 2014 |
Wow!

This is my new addiction. I'm in love with the Clockwork world. Unique characters, brilliant setting... Another smash hit for Clare!

Stephanie_Keyes | Apr 3, 2014 |
Fan-freaking-tastic book. Cassie Clare has outdone herself with this one. Loved it. Cannot wait for the next one! ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
Mmmm, I so love Jem! He's like a broken thing that needs the gentle brush of love to heal it. Too bad Will is like that too :( I do not even know who I wish Tessa to end up with...

Merged review:

Oh, goodness! By the Angel, why did this book turn out this way?????????? Aaaaaaarghhh!!! ( )
  VanyaDrum | Jan 26, 2014 |
I really liked where the author went with the love triangle. I know it is not going to stay that way, but I am happy for now. I am excited to see how the story all ties together. ( )
  Ahnya | Jan 25, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lind, HeatherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I wish you to know that you have been the last to dream of my soul....Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent for ever. I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing..."

~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Elka
Prologue: The fog was thick, muffling sound and sight.
Chapter 1: "Oh yes. It really does look just as I imagined."

The special Collector’s First Edition will include a never-before-seen letter from Will to his family!
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

As the Council attempts to strip Charlotte of her power, sixteen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray works with the London Shadowhunters to find the Magister and destroy his clockwork army, learning the secret of her own identity while investigating his past.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,501,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible