Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02.…

Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der… (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:bluna81
Title:Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der Unterwelt
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 578 pages
Rating:***1/2

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: The mortal instruments, which Infernal Devices is a Prequel to.
    The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: great series, with Epic love story, in the supernatural world

English (113)  Italian (1)  All languages (114)
Heartbreaking. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Heartbreaking. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
  aweinel | Jul 14, 2014 |
Um, more entertaining than the first, I think? This series is pretty lackluster for me. Took me a long time to work through this book, when normally I could have done it in less than a day. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 9, 2014 |
Everyone wants to experience at least one great love in their life. Luckily for Tessa, she has not one but two great loves in her life. Now this is extremely lucky and rare. Yet again it is also rare to be a shape shifter, rare to be with the Shawdowhunters, and rarer to be wanted by The Magister. Tessa Gray has got her hands full.

The race is on. Two boys are entered and ready. They both want what she has, but only one will end up with her. Will and Jem are both falling in love with Tessa and Tessa is falling in love with both of them. In Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, we learn that Tessa Gray is the new “it” girl in the world of the Shawdowhunters. She used to be a normal teenager from New York but, ever since she’s been in London, Tessa has discovered she is a very powerful shape shifter and with great power comes great problems. One, she is madly in love with two best friends Jem and Will, and is still unable to decide which she likes better. Two, she’s been having some family issues once her brother tried to sell her to The Magister. Three, The Magister still wants her power as his own and is still alive trying to get Tessa. And to make things worse, the Shawdowhunters are tested when the position of Charlotte as head of the Institute is tested. Yet, Will, Jem, and Tessa are not giving up their search for The Magister. Soon they will realize his hatred toward the Clave is deeply personal and end up traveling to Yorkshire to seek answers in a manor house he supposedly grew up in. What the trio expected to find was nothing like they did. Instead of a man, they found a women, more like a girl. A girl that happens to look just like Will, a girl that just so happened to be Will’s long lost sister. Now with a family member near and a clockwork army being created, the gang realizes that The Magister is always one step ahead of them and knows their every move, so that can mean only one thing- someone has betrayed them. The world is now more at stake than it was before and the Shawdowhunters are seizing to exist. The Magister must be found and stopped.

Compared to the first book, this second one is so much better. This book jumps right back into the story of Tessa; her longing for Will, her devotion to Jem, yet through it all The Magister still searching for her, now with her brother. From the start of the book, it was amazing. In fact I loved it so much I finished it in entirely in three days. If you didn’t completely love the first book of this series, trust me you’re going to want to read this book. Tessa is still being searched for by The Magister now with Nate, Tessa’s brother yet through it all Tessa still somehow keeps herself together by the help of Jem and Will. Although Tessa loves them both, Will is changing; the great wall he built up around himself is slowly crumbling down while Tessa and Jem begin to grow closer and closer. Will Will finally open up and allow people to love him? Will the Magister final get caught? Will Tessa find her true love and finally be happy and unafraid? What will happen to Will and Jem? Who will become the Clockwork Prince? ( )
  br14mamc | May 28, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lind, HeatherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I wish you to know that you have been the last to dream of my soul....Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent for ever. I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing..."

~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Elka
Prologue: The fog was thick, muffling sound and sight.
Chapter 1: "Oh yes. It really does look just as I imagined."

The special Collector’s First Edition will include a never-before-seen letter from Will to his family!
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

As the Council attempts to strip Charlotte of her power, sixteen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray works with the London Shadowhunters to find the Magister and destroy his clockwork army, learning the secret of her own identity while investigating his past.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,118,929 books! | Top bar: Always visible