Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02.…

Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der… (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:bluna81
Title:Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der Unterwelt
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 578 pages
Rating:***1/2

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: The mortal instruments, which Infernal Devices is a Prequel to.
    The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: great series, with Epic love story, in the supernatural world

English (141)  Italian (1)  All languages (142)
The world Cassandra Clare has created in both Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments is a very entertaining, interesting and intriguing world. Every time I read one of these books, I find myself stuck in that world, with those characters for weeks afterwards. This installment was no different. I felt drawn to Jem and Will the same as Tessa was, I love when a book can so fully draw you in and make you feel so in tune with it's characters. My only regret is that I must wait until next year to read the next one. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
i loved it ( )
  Ishmeen | Mar 24, 2016 |
[November 27, 2010] I am so looking forward to this book!! The cliff-hanger is mean!

[Saturday, ‎February ‎18, ‎2012] I got this book (finally) in the 11th of this month, and I started reading it yesterday. And I simply can't let it go, I love this feeling when a book makes me unable to leave it, so I take it everywhere with me: to bed, to the bathroom, to the kitchen even when I'm out of the house and it's snowing hard!

I'm half way through the book and I can't wait to finish it, though there is a part of me that's saying: "Slow down! Book 3 is coming out by the end of the year!" and knowing Cassandra Clare, I'm sure there will be another cliff-hanger.

I really enjoy Tessa's character, I love that she's a book lover. But if I were her, I might get confused as well between James and William. They are both hot and they both love her. But still I would chose Will. I love the way he loves Tessa.

The ending broke my heart! :( ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

The ending broke my heart! :( ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lind, HeatherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I wish you to know that you have been the last to dream of my soul....Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent for ever. I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing..."

~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Elka
Prologue: The fog was thick, muffling sound and sight.
Chapter 1: "Oh yes. It really does look just as I imagined."

The special Collector’s First Edition will include a never-before-seen letter from Will to his family!
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

As the Council attempts to strip Charlotte of her power, sixteen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray works with the London Shadowhunters to find the Magister and destroy his clockwork army, learning the secret of her own identity while investigating his past.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,135,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible