Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02.…

Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der… (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:bluna81
Title:Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der Unterwelt
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 578 pages
Rating:***1/2

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: The mortal instruments, which Infernal Devices is a Prequel to.
    The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: great series, with Epic love story, in the supernatural world

English (117)  Italian (1)  All languages (118)
Clockwork Prince

Sometimes life throws everything at you and makes you put everything on the line. In Clockwork Prince By Cassandra Clare, a fantasy steampunk paranormal adventure book, Tessa Grey has everything to lose and only two weeks to try and do something about it.

In the second book of the infernal devices series we follow Tessa Grey, a girl from america who got caught up in the chaos of the secret world of shadowhunters and ended up a permanent member at the institute. Her place at the institute as well as charlotte's, the leader of the institute who saved Tessa, she must help shadowhunters Will, Jem, and Jasmine find mortmain. Finding Mortmain will allow Charolette to keep her position of leader and she’s the only leader who would let Tessa stay at the institute. Tessa only has her evil brother in the world so a lot is on the line in this book.

This book was a great sequel to Clockwork Angel. The book is targeted for teens and does a good job of standing out among the sea of trilogies. I really enjoyed this book because it really expanded on the stories of everyone at the institute. In this book we meet some people form Will’s past and it really gives a new depth to Will. We also get some back stories of Mortmain and Nathaniel Grey. The book really keeps you engaged with all the conflicts taking place in the institute. The book also really makes you question the character of some people in the book. That is why I truly love this book it expands on everything that made the first book good.
  LiLo14 | Jan 27, 2015 |
The plot gained more depth, and side characters had more prominent roles. It was definitely a wonderful companion to Clockwork Angel and kept my interest in the series high. ( )
  AlphaHikar | Jan 7, 2015 |
Audiobook!
  devafagan | Jan 2, 2015 |
The Clave is not happy with Charlotte. With a challenge lodged against her leadership, she has two weeks to find Mortmain or will lose the Institute. Thus begins a desperate search for the man who wants all Shadowhunters dead and Tessa for his bride. As clues about his whereabouts begin to appear, Charlotte, Jem, Tessa and Will encounter roadblock after roadblock. Read the rest of the review on my blog. Are you following me on it yet? Just enter your email address on the right side of the blog. Here's the review link: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/clockwork-prince-cassandra-cl... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
The plot thickens. Jem and Tessa fall in love and are engaged to be married, just as Will discovers that his curse was a lie. Also, Mortmain continues to harry the Shadowhunters. Lots of connections to the Mortal Instruments series.
  LibraryGirl11 | Aug 21, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lind, HeatherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I wish you to know that you have been the last to dream of my soul....Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent for ever. I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing..."

~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Elka
Prologue: The fog was thick, muffling sound and sight.
Chapter 1: "Oh yes. It really does look just as I imagined."

The special Collector’s First Edition will include a never-before-seen letter from Will to his family!
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

As the Council attempts to strip Charlotte of her power, sixteen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray works with the London Shadowhunters to find the Magister and destroy his clockwork army, learning the secret of her own identity while investigating his past.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,699,756 books! | Top bar: Always visible