Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02.…

Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der… (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:bluna81
Title:Chroniken der Schattenjäger 02. Clockwork Prince: Chroniken der Unterwelt
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2012), Gebundene Ausgabe, 578 pages
Rating:***1/2

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: The mortal instruments, which Infernal Devices is a Prequel to.
    The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: great series, with Epic love story, in the supernatural world

English (134)  Italian (1)  All languages (135)
I love this series, it's dark secrets, the automations, the magic,mysteries and even the love triangle. Oh, the love triangle is down and dirty, tugging back and forth, leaving my heart in two. There is a major betrayal, a lie revealed and a heartbreaking revelation, as well as death. A must read for fans of this series. If you have not read the previous books go back you need the background. The book ends with a cliffhanger. A good one too, I am torn which way I want it to go. Sigh, I wait for the next book. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
The second novel of the Infernal Devices trilogy continues the story of Tessa Gray, a shapeshifter of unknown origins, who along with her half angel, half-human demon fighters aka Shadowhunters, continue their search for an evil industrialist who is creating a army of demonic powered automatons to destroy the Shadowhunters. While not engaged in this war, Tessa continues to struggle with her romantic choice between Will, the psychologically damaged Shadowhunter and Jim, the physically damaged Shadowhunter.

I'm not an easy reader of Young Adult, especially if there is too much adolescent angst and infatuation. However, this novel contained a tolerable level. I enjoy the author's Infernal Devices series better than The Mortal Instrument series, probably because of my interest in historical fiction. The second novel was not as interesting as the first probably because it is a bridge between the first and third; however, it was enjoyable. ( )
  John_Warner | Jan 19, 2016 |
Move over Katniss Everdeen and Clarissa Fray! There is a new Bitchin' Bad-ass Heroine in town! I loved the newest installment in what my friends and I are calling the best thing that happened to Cassandra Clare. I knew she could write amazing stories, but this surpassed all of my expectations. Tessa is not only intelligent, she is funny and caring and, most of all, lovable. There are two most love-stricken Shadowhunters that can attest to that. When I read that Clare was giving us a Dirty Sexy Balcony Scene AND a Dirty Sexy Bed Scene, I almost fainted (with happiness, of course). While other authors manage to grit there teeth and write out a "sex" scene my GRANDMOTHER would find boring, Clare seems to embrace her sensuality. Can I just say, about the DSBS, that Will seems to be a most passionate kisser. I mean, he really uses his whole body to kiss her, doesn't he? And the DSBedS? My friend actually noticed that I was reading something so steamy, I turned so red! While I do have a preference *cough*Jem*cough*, I won't ruin this review by listing all the reasons why my OTP should be together. I will save that for Tumblr *wink*. I want this to be Switzerland. Both are charming, lovely (and passionate!) men. I think Tessa would be lucky to end up with either of them. When I learned Will "Big Secret" my heart near about tore in half. I couldn't imagine living all that time thinking it was your fault your sister was dead, and distancing yourself from everyone around you, especially those closest. I was ecstatic when the demon told Will the truth. After self-destructive behavior the whole book *ahem*the opium den*ahem*, it was nice to finally see the real Will.

"Demon pox, oh, demon pox,
Just how is it acquired?
One must go down to the bad part of town
Until one is very tired.
Demon pox, oh, demon pox
I had it all along--
No, not the pox, you foolish blocks,
I mean this very song--
For I was right, and you were wrong!"

My favorite part of the whole book, hands down ^^^. Overall, this is probably the best book Clare has written. Although, I will probably say the same thing about CP2. ( )
  magelet87 | Jan 7, 2016 |
Ohh! Poor Will, Poor Tessa, Poor Henry, Poor Jem, Poor Jessie, Poor Sophie, Poor Charlotte

I walked with them, smiled with them, and lived with them. I never thought I would read a book such as splendid as Clockwork Prince.

I don't want to stop reading the book until I found the last page. ( )
  Chiththarthan | Dec 29, 2015 |
Title: Clockwork Prince

Author: Cassandra Clare

Rating: 5/5

Description:

Review: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare exceeded all my expectations. The first book, Clockwork Angel, didn’t really sit with me as well as every other Clare book does and after reading reviews of this book having no development in the story and being completely pointless, I was set up for this book to be a 3 stars at best. However, I thought this book was really necessary because we still did resolve many issues and we progressed in the story. If they had found Mortmain in this book, there would be no content in the third book and all there would be is the triangle. Also, it would have been extremely unrealistic that they could find him in that allotted time with the little information they had. What were they going to do? Accidentally stumble upon him in a bar? So the reviews I read claiming the story didn’t progress and was just a fat load of love triangle were wrong.

I never ran into any issues with this book, either. There wasn’t irrelevant text, there wasn’t not enough detail. Everything in this novel was made really well and fulfilled what I wanted. This book also caused emotions in me. Typically I read a book with a straight face but throughout this story I laughed, I cried, I gasped in shock, I had to put down either out of anger or the awkwardness. All in a good way, of course. I absolutely love it when books can make me feel something.

All in all, Clockwork Prince is a great book that I would definitely recommend to anybody.

Audience: The book definitely has to be read by 12+ because there is a little bit of mature content (not horrible). And most readers these days are into fantasy, however if you strictly like non-fiction or realistic fiction or contemporaries or whatever, and you didn’t already, do not pick up this book. If you are into the fantasy, fiction, Victorian-era type of stuff, then definitely pick up the series. ( )
  BooksWithABrunette | Nov 8, 2015 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lind, HeatherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I wish you to know that you have been the last to dream of my soul....Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent for ever. I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing..."

~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Elka
Prologue: The fog was thick, muffling sound and sight.
Chapter 1: "Oh yes. It really does look just as I imagined."

The special Collector’s First Edition will include a never-before-seen letter from Will to his family!
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

As the Council attempts to strip Charlotte of her power, sixteen-year-old orphaned shapechanger Tessa Gray works with the London Shadowhunters to find the Magister and destroy his clockwork army, learning the secret of her own identity while investigating his past.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,136,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible