Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell

Postmortem (1990)

by Patricia Cornwell

Series: A Scarpetta Novel (1)

Recently added bybattey, LauraCerone, jjames2342, sandrikoti, starwing, private library, BookHavenAZ

English (71)  Spanish (2)  Danish (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (78)
Uspjela sam da se domognem samo ove 4 njene knjige, odlicne, kao u nekoj krimi seriji.. ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
Now I know why Kay Scarpetta is still around and where all those female lead crime/law/medical examiner TV shows came from. Interesting to hear the technology back when all this started, it almost felt like SF even though I lived through it all! Also interesting to take a look from the female side of things.

I listened to this because of Audible's near free first in a series give away, glad I did. I recommend it to any of you crime solver addicts out there. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
Just reading this on it's 20th anniversary.
It was chosen as a book group read and interesting from a 1990's perspective ( )
  pennsylady | Jan 22, 2016 |
The Kay Scarpetta series provides a nice difference between all of the other cop mysteries. This one provides some insight into the world of the medical examiner. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
As I read Kathy Reichs, Jefferson Bass, Karin Slaughter and Tess Gerritsen it was a logical step to read Patricia Cornwell.
One of the things that stopped me so far, was the number of books in the series, as I like to begin at the beginning.
This was spot on, a fast paced page turner and what really interested me, was her use of computers, as I started my education during that time, using nearly the same setup (dumb terminals, LAN, modem, PC etc.) and her descriptions are faultless, which I really appreciate.
This also leads to the introduction of the character I like most: Lucy.
The ending is ok, for a first book.
Highly recommended, fast page-turner. As real as it gets. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |

Patricia Cornwellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Amante, MarcoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Beltran, CarlosCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gudmundsen, Per KristianTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeelenberg, AnnetteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A brilliant human monster--a "Mr. Nobody"--moves undetected through a paralyzed city, leaving behind a gruesome trail of carnage..but few clues. With an unerring eye and the latest advances in forensic research, medical examiner Kay Scarpetta sets out to unmask a maniac. But someone is trying to sabotage
Kay's investigation from the inside. And someone wants her dead.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743477154, Mass Market Paperback)

Under cover of night in Richmond, Virginia, a human monster strikes, leaving a gruesome trail of stranglings that has paralyzed the city. Medical examiner Kay Scarpetta suspects the worst: a deliberate campaign by a brilliant serial killer whose signature offers precious few clues. With an unerring eye, she calls on the latest advances in forensic research to unmask the madman. But this investigation will test Kay like no other, because it's being sabotaged from within and someone wants her dead.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:59 -0400)

Un brutal asesino siembra el p‚anico en Richmond, Virginia, al amparo de la noche. Tres mujeres han aparecido salvajamente asesinadas en sus propios dormitorios. El responsable de estos cr‚imenes deja muy pocas pistas y act‚ua siempre los s‚abados de madrugada. De manera que cuando la doctora Kay Scarpetta, jefa del Departamento de Medicina Legal, recibe una llamada a las dos y media de la mašnana, supone que algo grave ha sucedido: hay una cuarta v‚ictima. Dr. Kay Scarpetta, a chief medical examiner in Virginia City, is determined to stop a serial killer, but has difficulty finding out what the victims had in common.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,861,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible