When It Happens by Susane Colasanti

When It Happens

by Susane Colasanti

A little more "romance" than I was expecting but I enjoyed it enough to grab others by her. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
I really liked this, and I really have to thank the author for reminding of the song Say Goodbye by The Dave Matthews Band. I have fallen in love all over again. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
I have mixed feelings about this book, it wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. I liked the idea of the story, much more than I liked the story itself, and I think that was the biggest problem.

I did really like that it was written in dual narration, and the characters were great. There was just something rushed about the whole book.

For a longer review, which will contain spoilers, please visit my website at http://thebooktower.webs.com
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
This book was great. ( )
  MichealaBeth | Jul 4, 2013 |
As her senior year is about to begin, Sara makes two goals for herself: one, to get into NYU, and two, to find a Real relationship. She thinks this second goal can be achieved with Dave, the cute, popular boy who seemed to like her at the end of last year but now hasn't called since, and so she's elated when he actually does call right before school starts. Meanwhile, Tobey is just hoping that senior year passes quickly and that people stop asking him where he's going to college, since he has no plans to do so--and that maybe Sara will finally see that Dave isn't good enough for her and will go out with him instead. Tobey's right, of course--Dave isn't good enough--but a slacker like Tobey isn't really in ambitious, overachieving-Sara's league, either.

Told in alternating chapters, Sara's and Tobey's stories move predictably, if endearingly, along. There are few surprises about their budding relationship, but surprises aren't the point of this novel--this is a sweet coming-of-age romance of two equally-awkward and relatively inexperienced teenagers. I liked these characters and wish them the best in their future lives. ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 30, 2013 |
For Derrick, who proves that soul mates really do exist.
"So."

Reminiscent of the movie Say Anything, a debut novel for all those searching for The One!

Sara and Tobey couldn?t be more different. She is focused on getting into her first-choice college; he wants to win Battle of the Bands. Sara?s other goal is to find true love, so when Dave, a popular jock, asks her out, she?s thrilled. But then there?s Tobey. His amazing blue eyes and quirky wit always creep into her thoughts. It just so happens that one of Tobey?s goals is also to make Sara fall in love with him. Told in alternating points of view, Sara and Tobey?s real connection will have everyone rooting for them from the minute they meet!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:24 -0400)

High school seniors Sara and Tobey attempt to figure out what is important in life as they try to balance their preparations for their futures with their enjoyment of the present.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,535,636 books! | Top bar: Always visible