Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

Lover Mine, the 8th installment in J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, is possibly my favorite in the series yet! It's hard not to be moved by John's storyline, and not to "root" for him tirelessly over the span of the last few books as he discovered his true identity and found a real family. He is maybe my favorite brother-who-is-not-quite-a-brother-yet, and I was very pleased with his "happily ever after" with Xhex as well as his re-connecting with father-figure Thor.

Lover Mine is full of action and the drama and angst that is synonymous with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Fans of the series will also be delighted with the glimpses into Darius and Thor's past with Xhex, and the bit of avenging closure we've all been waiting for for several books now.

There are a couple of issues with Lover Mine - the paranormal reality side-story was irritating and confusing, at least until the end of the book and the "big reveal;" and for some reason, the set-up for the next book, Payne's story, was boring and distracted me from the main story. Still, overall Lover Mine was a big win in my book, and I will be looking forward to the next installment in 2011. ( )
  susanbevans | Jul 1, 2014 |
Typical JR ward book. All of them are pretty interchangeable. That's not to say I don't enjoy reading them. I don't like the use of the serviced but it is common theme in many of the books, so push through them. Also, the word true is over used. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
I loved this book. I was surprised by how some of the characters were protrayed, but it worked well. Cannot wait for the next one. ( )
  Mykake | Mar 23, 2014 |
OMG! I so loved this! My heart is aching with love right now! This was so my favorite of the series! ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |
sony ( )
  Talthor | Oct 19, 2013 |
DEDICATED TO YOU:

I cannot believe you and I have come so far.
Your book is not a goodbye, however-
just another beginning.
But you're used to that...
He wished he had more time.
Sometimes you had to sandblast in order to clean something properly. -- p. 372
Gray and acid yellow and hot pink. Really? You really think that's hot? -- p. 446
He'd read that book, seen the movie, bought the sound track, the DVD, the T-shirt, the mug, the bobble-head, and the insider's guide. -- p. 446

Newly made vampire John Matthew vows to free his mate, the symphath Xhexania, from Lash, a paranoid coke addict who's transmuting into a nontemporal entity like his vampire-killer father, the Omega. Once freed, Xhexania joins the Brothers in battling the Omega, but refuses to acknowledge her emotional connection to John. Meanwhile, sexually promiscuous Qhuinn, shockingly jealous of his cousin Saxton's new lover, wonders whether he should have seduced Saxton when he had the chance.

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other - vampire warriors, defenders of their race...John Matthew has been through his vampire transition and taken to the life of the Brotherhood with a vengeance, but he still can't shake the nightmare of his past and is unsure of his future as a warrior hero. He's made a promise to honour the Brotherhood and their fight with the slayers at all costs, until the love of his life is kidnapped and he is forced to make a choice that could change his life and the Brotherhood's forever...… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,618,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible