Freedom (TM) by Daniel Suarez

Freedom (TM) (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Daniel Suarez

Series: Daemon (2)

Member:LuckyG
Title:Freedom (TM)
Authors:Daniel Suarez
Info:Signet (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 496 pages
Tags:Kindle

Freedom™ by Daniel Suarez (2010)

Recently added bypreplibrary

English (27)  Italian (1)  All languages (28)
Not sure what to say about this one. It was an enjoyable story and I suspect it could be turned into a decent scifi/thriller in either movie of high-budget TV show form. But it also felt just a bit too similar to so many other stories I've read in the last few years while not really adding much to the genre (except perhaps a bit more of the "underground network quietly brings about utopia" theme). I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad book, but it's also not one I'd likely find myself reading again. ( )
  tlockney | Sep 7, 2014 |
Found it to be a little better than the first book (I guess it's not surprising for the debut novel). I don't share author's political views that are clear behind the premise of the novel but he does raise plenty of interesting philosophical issues. It is a 'smart'' book. Started somewhat slower but was compensated by the action towards the end. ( )
  everfresh1 | Jul 10, 2014 |
Review was originally posted on Goodreads.

I loved it! All the elements blended together flawlessly and held me transfixed the whole time. The MMORPG and darknet aspect had me hook line and sinker. ( )
  apollymipanthos | Jun 3, 2014 |
It was okay, the original had more suspense ( )
  hakoreh | Jan 30, 2014 |
Excellent. Fell off a bit from "Daemon", but still a great story with (I believe) some loose ends that may get resolved in "Darknet" coming out in 2011 ( )
  lgwapnitsky | Jan 6, 2014 |
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day. -- Theodore Roosevelt in 1906
For Generation Y
An elderly man emerged from the crowd an aimed a revolver straight at Anthony Hollis's face.

The propulsive, shockingly plausible sequel to "New York Times" bestseller "Daemon, Freedom" features a world of rapidly diminishing human power, where what's at stake is nothing less than humanity's survival.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,446,222 books! | Top bar: Always visible