Freedom (TM) by Daniel Suarez

Freedom (TM) (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Daniel Suarez

Series: Daemon (2)

Member:LuckyG
Title:Freedom (TM)
Authors:Daniel Suarez
Info:Signet (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 496 pages
Tags:Kindle

Freedom™ by Daniel Suarez (2010)

English (27)  Italian (1)  All languages (28)
Found it to be a little better than the first book (I guess it's not surprising for the debut novel). I don't share author's political views that are clear behind the premise of the novel but he does raise plenty of interesting philosophical issues. It is a 'smart'' book. Started somewhat slower but was compensated by the action towards the end. ( )
  everfresh1 | Jul 10, 2014 |
Review was originally posted on Goodreads.

I loved it! All the elements blended together flawlessly and held me transfixed the whole time. The MMORPG and darknet aspect had me hook line and sinker. ( )
  apollymipanthos | Jun 3, 2014 |
It was okay, the original had more suspense ( )
  hakoreh | Jan 30, 2014 |
Excellent. Fell off a bit from "Daemon", but still a great story with (I believe) some loose ends that may get resolved in "Darknet" coming out in 2011 ( )
  lgwapnitsky | Jan 6, 2014 |
[Yeah, spoilers. Boilerplate, polite version: I promise I don't "spoil" anything about this book that would have bothered me had I known about it in advance of reading this book. That said, I cannot think of anything I have read in my life that would have been spoiled had I known the plot-advancing facts. And this is not, I promise, a brief Cliffs Notes–style detailed summary of the story. Perhaps the only real way to "spoil" a book is to detail any serious flaws in logic, to the extent that you then can't get them out of your head as you read the book. I can't promise that I don't to that -- but neither can anyone else.]

This book is a sequel to Daemon. Unfortunately, it is less of a novel and more of a series of anecdotal extensions from its predecessor, dropped along a plot line depicting one of those characters making an extensive journey. If you haven't read Daemon, there's no sense in reading this. If you have, the primary benefit is how the playing field shifts, and how the Daemon of the original story is revealed to be a much more neutral presence than it previously seemed to be. Not neutral in terms of impact, neutral in terms of good/bad and right/wrong.
  Disquiet | Mar 30, 2013 |
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day. -- Theodore Roosevelt in 1906
For Generation Y
An elderly man emerged from the crowd an aimed a revolver straight at Anthony Hollis's face.

The propulsive, shockingly plausible sequel to "New York Times" bestseller "Daemon, Freedom" features a world of rapidly diminishing human power, where what's at stake is nothing less than humanity's survival.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,362,228 books! | Top bar: Always visible