Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson

Once Upon Stilettos

by Shanna Swendson

English (21)  Dutch (1)  All (22)
Quite fun. The plot was a bit obvious but a quick, diverting read. Katie is just likeable enough not to be too annoying. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
I liked it...and yes it was suspenseful.

There is a spy @ MSI and the bad guys are upping the stakes in a bid for power and marketing evil spells. There is a visit from Mom & Dad, romance, a pair of "to die for" red stilettos, and a showdown!

A nice easy fun read. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Well, 3.5 stars. An enjoyable read with heroine as quirky and engaging as in first book. Synopsis on this site accurate so not repeating. Amusing moments that flowed with plot (versus unrelenting humor or prats and jokes shoehorned in to hit reader over the head with fact that this is supposed to be funny). I detracted half a star versus first book in series because not quite as plausible, tried to take the magic folk and force them into mundane molds once too often, and one of the plot/romance devices was the trope where if she had only spoken up ... but, still a story that was a page turner for me and I will be reading on in the series. ( )
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
I just couldn't get into this paranormal book. More about fighting bad guys than romance. I gave up a third of the way through. Katie works at a magic company and is attracted to wizard Owen.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I shamelessly skimmed this just to get the relationship resolution. I'm probably in danger of getting the next books out of the library to mine them for cute relationship moments. This is the book equivalent junk food: I shouldn't, and I usually don't, and when I succumb I feel dirty and oogy, but sometimes, I still succumb.
  GinnyTea | Mar 31, 2013 |
It all began with the red shoes.

Click your heels three times and say,
“There’s no place like Bloomies!”

Katie Chandler’s life is pure magic–literally. As an executive assistant at Magic, Spells, and Illusions, Inc., she’s seen more than her share of fantastical occurrences. A mere Manhattan mortal, Katie is no wizard, but she’s a wiz at exposing “hokum” pocus, cloaked lies, and deceptive enchantments. And she’s fallen under the all-too-human spell of attraction to Owen, a hunky wizard and coworker. Owen, however, is preoccupied. Someone has broken into his office and disrupted top-secret files, and it reeks of an inside job. CEO Merlin (yes, the Merlin) and taps Katie and her special ability to uncover the magical mole.

Keeping her feelings in check while sleuthing alongside Owen, Katie is shocked to discover that her immunity to magic is waning, putting her in grave danger. Soon she’s surrendering to the charms and enchantments of everyone and everything around her, including a killer pair of red stilettos. Katie must now conjure up her natural instincts to get to the bottom of the break-in, regain her power, and win the wizard of her dreams.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:08 -0400)

Katie finds herself in trouble when her immunity to magic goes awry and men begin falling at her feet, but she begins to wonder whether she has really become irresistible or whether it is the result of her stunning new red shoes.

Shanna Swendson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,097,467 books! | Top bar: Always visible