The Extraordinary Adventures of Arsene…

The Extraordinary Adventures of Arsene Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar (original 1907; edition 2012)

by Maurice LeBlanc

Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 140 pages
Collections:Ebooks, Your library
Rating:**1/2
Tags:france

Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar by Maurice Leblanc (1907)

English (15)  French (2)  Spanish (2)  All (19)
A rakish anti-Holmes. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
Amusing. Good to procrastinate cleaning rooms. ( )
  katcoviello | Sep 21, 2016 |
Hello? Is anybody here? Anybody?

Wow.

Okay so now I'm thinking, what's the point of leaving a review? None, I guess. But then I do have the place all to myself, nice! Man, I'm going back here whenever I need a break. It's so quiet, I almost hate to leave... ( )
  Garrison0550 | May 10, 2016 |
The infamous thief Arsene Lupin is a sort of Scarlet Pimpernel crossed with Moriarty. It's a short, fast-paced detective story told from the investigator's perspective. Unfortunately, Lupin's identity is clear very early in the book, and the investigating is of the most rudimentry sort. Eventually we meet Lupin's gang, who I like best of everyone in the book, and the love interest, who I don't like at all. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
This was a great read. A funny mystery story where the protagonist is actually the bad guy. I loved the Holmlock Shears joke. Everytime I read that name I laughed out loud. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Maurice Leblancprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jepson, EdgarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sims, MichaelIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Teixeira de Mattos, AlexanderTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Pierre Lafitte.

My Dear Friend:
You have thrust me upon a route where I never believed that I would venture, and in which I have found so much pleasure and literary allurement that it seems but just to inscribe your name at the head of this volume, and thereby prove to you my sentiments of affectionate and faithful gratitude.
M. L.
The strangest of journeys! And yet it had begun so well! (de Mattos translation)
This is the original collection of nine short stories gathered under the title "Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar", do not combine with the Penguin anthology with a similar title, or other collections with different contents.

I. The Arrest of Arsène Lupin

VII. Madame Imbert's Safe

VIII. The Black Pearl

IX. Sherlock Holmes Arrives Too Late

The suave adventures of a gentleman rogue—a French Thomas Crown

Created by Maurice LeBlanc during the early twentieth century, Arsène Lupin is a witty confidence man and burglar, the Sherlock Holmes of crime. The poor and innocent have nothing to fear from him; often they profit from his spontaneous generosity. The rich and powerful, and the detective who tries to spoil his fun, however, must beware. They are the target of Arsène’s mischief and tomfoolery. A masterful thief, his plans frequently evolve into elaborate capers, a precursor to such cinematic creations as Ocean’s Eleven and The Sting. Sparkling with amusing banter, these stories—the best of the Lupin series—are outrageous, melodramatic, and literate.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:28 -0400)

This title is a collection of Maurice Leblanc's brilliant series of stories about the suave burglar and confident man Arsene Lupin.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,489,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible