Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon

Nightlight: A Parody (original 2009; edition 2009)

by The Harvard Lampoon

Member:krau0098
Title:Nightlight: A Parody
Authors:The Harvard Lampoon
Info:Vintage (2009), Paperback, 160 pages
Collections:Already Read, Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:fantasy, humor, twilight, vampires, young adult

Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon (2009)

Recently added bySierraNicole, private library, MercedesMLMW, solveigk, acody1902, xandyjohns, IsaP, Lepophagus

This is the worst novel I have read. I don't know why I wasted the time reading it. ( )
  NikkiK94 | Mar 21, 2018 |
For Twilight fans, this parody is hilarious. I can't say too much without spoiling it. I found it laugh out loud funny.
  Jewel.Barnett | Sep 6, 2017 |
This book is ridiculous.

It's funny and stupid and it makes you laugh, but it's not written well.

It's written better then Twilight it's self, but not by much. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
This was one of the funniest books I have ever read. I personally quite enjoyed the first three books in the Twilight series, but that didn't stop me from getting extreme joy from this book. This wasn't the best literature (not that the Twilight books were) but it was absolutely hilarious. However, after the first 50 pages or so it seemed like they ran out of puns and snide comments relating to the series and it was just a hodpodge of oddity. ( )
  serogers02 | Jun 10, 2017 |
Ugh. Maybe it's because we've been inundated with Twilight movie crap for so long, but I didn't really see the value in this book.
It was obvious that they were trying so hard to be funny. It wasn't easy, smooth funniness, it was strained and pained, which made it annoying to read. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |

Is a parody of

The hot Phoenix sun glared down on the car windowsill where my bare arm, pallid arm dangled shamelessly.

About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him–which I assumed was wildly out of his control–that wanted me dead. And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me.

And thus Belle Goose falls in love with the mysterious and sparkly Edwart Mullen in the Harvard Lampoon’s hilarious send-up of Twilight.

Pale and klutzy, Belle arrives in Switchblade, Oregon looking for adventure, or at least an undead classmate. She soon discovers Edwart, a super-hot computer nerd with zero interest in girls. After witnessing a number of strange events–Edwart leaves his tater tots untouched at lunch! Edwart saves her from a flying snowball!–Belle has a dramatic revelation: Edwart is a vampire. But how can she convince Edwart to bite her and transform her into his eternal bride, especially when he seems to find girls so repulsive?

Complete with romance, danger, insufficient parental guardianship, creepy stalker-like behavior, and a vampire prom, Nightlight is the uproarious tale of a vampire-obsessed girl, looking for love in all the wrong places.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:20 -0400)

A parody of the enormously successful Twilight series, "Nightlight" offers a sparkling, sharp-toothed tale of pubescent vampires and the pasty girl who loves them.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,973,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible