Today I Will: A Year of Quotes, Notes, and…

Today I Will: A Year of Quotes, Notes, and Promises to Myself

by Jerry Spinelli

The ideas, quotes, and notes are more geared for children but it is beneficial for adults to sometimes consider the ideas presented. I wrote down a few to try throughout this year. ( )
  bschaffer | Mar 17, 2014 |
Reviewed by Melanie Foust for TeensReadToo.com

In TODAY I WILL, each day has a page dedicated to it, full of all kinds of things like being a good friend, following your dreams, the importance of taking responsibility for your own actions, and so much more. Each entry starts off with a quote from a book. Then comes a few sentences expounding upon the quote, showing how it could possibly apply to the reader's life.

Each page also has an illustration of some sort. The illustrations were great!

I think this book is perfect for older children and younger teens. Each day's page is short, quick, and to the point, making it easy to read, and only takes up a few minutes each day.

It is an ideal book for anyone looking for a way to start every day right. TODAY I WILL would make a great gift. ( )
  GeniusJen | May 8, 2010 |

Reassuring advice for every day of the year

From an esteemed husband-and-wife team comes a book of daily advice and insight. In dated entries meant to be read one per day, the Spinellis open with a brief quote from children’s literature, write a paragraph of lively advice inspired by that quote, and end with a “Today I will . . .” promise. The entries range from the broad (self-esteem, the environment, gratitude, and openmindedness) to the simple and specific (Today I will call a grandparent . . . smile at a new kid . . . take a walk . . . and send a snail-mail letter.).

With wide appeal to fans of both children’s literature and advice books, this cozy page-a-day volume (with black-and-white spot art) offers inspiring quotes, gentle guidance, and 366 “Today I will . . .” promises to thoughtful readers everywhere.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:26:27 -0400)

Inspired by 366 quotes from children's literature, the authors offer insight and advice for every day of the year.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,990,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible