Michelle by Deborah Hopkinson

A gentle, exposition of Michelle Obama's journey from humble beginnings in Chicago to inauguration day. Thought not earth shattering, this book IS encouraging. I'm envisioning 4th and 5th grade girls becoming starry eyed as they learn of the merits of grit though the true story of a contemporary leader. ( )
  Desirichter | Jul 15, 2014 |
I love the first lady of the United States of America. She is very educated and a strong African American woman. Women as myself looks up to her because she is a great role model. I also love reading biographies about Michelle along with her husband the President. ( )
  MaryEttaJ | Apr 24, 2013 |
I love Michelle Obama!! She is a very educated and strong woman. She graduated from Harvard, a very prestigious college with a law degree. Education is a huge factor in my life. I always tell my babies that it doesn't matter what you go to college for, as long as you go. I respect Michelle tremendously for all that she has accomplished and I respect her even more so for doing her own thing and standing individually beside Barack. Women are strong creatures and she proves to us that women of all color can accomplish anything that they set their minds to. ( )
  Klefort | Oct 22, 2012 |
This book is for inspiring children to dream big. It tells the story of how Michelle Robinson chased her dreams through Harvard Law School in oder to better serve her community. While working for a law firm, she met another Harvard student, Barack Obama, who won her heart and began a family with her. Realizing her husband was a true leader, Michelle's support brought their family to the White House to share their dreams with America as the First Family. A copy of Michelle should be in ever elementary school library. ( )
  dbcollin | Oct 10, 2012 |
Michelle is a short biography of the life of the first lady Michelle Obama. Michelle and her family lived in a one bedroom apartment on the South Side of Chicago. Their living room was divided in half. Michelle and her brother Craig, shared this room in order for their parents to save money to send them to college. A motiviting story for all ages but is writted for children to understand. ( )
  mdrumgold | Feb 9, 2012 |

Smart and sure, hardworking, talented, professional and passionate, loving wife and mother, daughter, sister, friend.

This is the story of a girl from Chicago who dared to dream big, worked hard to make things happen, and grew up to be an extraordinary woman: Michelle Robinson Obama.

Deborah Hopkinson and AG Ford capture the inspiring story of the first African American First Lady in this beautiful picture-book biography.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:48 -0400)

Describes the life and accomplishments of Michelle Obama, from her childhood and early achievements in education to her career in law and community service, as well as her family life and marriage to Barack Obama.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,671,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible