Walt Disney's Uncle Remus Stories by Marion…

Walt Disney's Uncle Remus Stories (edition 1974)

by Marion Palmer

Info:
Collections:Your library, read, tbr 2013
Tags:humor, juvenile

Walt Disney's Uncle Remus Stories by Joel Chandler Harris

This is one of my most beloved books. I was read this book as a child, and had to have my own copy as an adult. I love the language used in these stories. I read this now to my own children sometimes. ( )
  booksniff | Aug 20, 2014 |
It is crazy to read children's literature from 25 years ago, even though I've read these books as a kid. Now that I understand them better and seek a message, this book was pretty violent. Brer Rabbit is constantly tricking and hurting Brer Bear and Brer Fox. The rabbit tricks the bear into trapping himself on a rope on a tree. He punches a pretend bear for not saying hi to him. I don't think this book would be suitable for an elementary classroom. ( )
  bmmoore | May 8, 2014 |
From Brer Bear to Brer Fox to Brer Rabbit and all the rest, I share their stories and my love of the Song of the South with my young children and grandchildren. One of my favorite books! ( )
  ElnEm | Jul 29, 2008 |
Way down deep in de brier-patch is de home of Brer Rabbit.
Brer Fox an de Rabbit Trap. I'm tired of stayin' home, said Brer Rabbit one day. I'm goin' away...far, far away...an I'm goin' to have some fun.
Dat's my laughing place!

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,415,749 books! | Top bar: Always visible