Fables, Vol. 3: Storybook Love by Bill…

Fables, Vol. 3: Storybook Love (2004)

by Bill Willingham (Writer), Mark Buckingham (Illustrator), Craig Hamilton (Illustrator), Lan Medina (Illustrator)

Other authors: Todd Klein (Letterer), Steve Leialoha (Illustrator), Linda Medley (Illustrator)

Series: Fables (Vol. 3, Issues 11-18)

This was where I originally left Fables behind. It was more of the same and I didn't feel the character development or the story at all at the time.

Rereading it, I can appreciate the broad strokes rendered with 'Bag of Bones', where Jack cheats death, 'Barleycorn Brides' and 'A Two-Part Caper' where a journalist finds out the hard way not to press Bigby too far. The meat of the collection is the arc where Bluebeard sets Goldilocks to kill Snow White and Bigby and Prince Charming campaigns to be the new Mayor of Fabletown. This still feels like a volume to get through rather than one to savor, but its better the second time around

The pace picks up significantly in the next volume.

Previous: Fables, Vol. 2: Animal Farm

Next: Fables, Vol. 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers
  ManWithAnAgenda | Feb 18, 2019 |
This is definitely one of my favorites because we finally get a little bit of action between Snow White and Bigby, I've only been shipping them for forever! Besides that plot thread there are some interesting other little side stories between Bluebeard and Prince Charming and then of course the tale of the barley-corn which I ADORE. Another great installment of Fables that hooks readers in. I love this series and I love how much character development is added each issue! ( )
  ecataldi | Jul 19, 2018 |
The third book in the Fables series and the best book by far - Now I'm just sad that my library doesn't carry the next one.

While the previous books were straight issue collections, this one contained several side-stories that further developed the world of Fables itself. The art style changed for two of the side-stories, which was interesting in and of itself.

I look forward to finding the rest of the collections! Definitely a fun series worth looking into. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
Again, very good. I didn't expect the ending! I'm looking forward to how the authors handle it in the next volume. ( )
  hopeevey | May 19, 2018 |
Whew, this book was creepy! I liked it, but there were several places that I wasn't really satisfied with what happened (especially concerning my favorite 'ship!). I'm interested to see how it all pans out in the fourth volume, but... let's put this under a spoiler warning, shall we?

I did not like how they got Bigby and Snow to hook up. VERY unsatisfactory! I wanted them to be together because they realized they were perfect for each other on their own! Not because they were under some enchantment and now have a freaking BABY! Ugh. Not cool Fables. Not. Cool. Also, I am so not convinced that Goldilocks is dead. I will believe it when I see a body and not before! Super creepy. Same goes for Bluebeard (even though we did technically see a body, but I just have a hard time believing that he came to such an unsatisfactory end).

Anyway, having said all that, the story was actually pretty good, I LOVED the Mouse Police! :) And I'm already jumping right into Volume Four! ( )
  fogisbeautiful | Feb 13, 2018 |

Medley, LindaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jean, JamesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Talbot, BryanIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vozzo, DanielColoristsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This volume of love, lust, obsession, regret and betrayal is respectfully dedicated to Becky, Mary, Amy and Monica, for all of the usual reasons. - Bill Willingham
Now maybe this story is true and maybe it ain't, but it's about crafty old Jack of the Tales, who was a tricky fellow in the Old World and continued to be so when he followed us over to this country.
And don't tell me--the dog's name was Prince?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 140120256X, Paperback)

A new Softcover collecting the acclaimed FABLES #11-18, including the 4-part "Storybook Love." Also included are the 2-part "A Sharp Operator" and the single-issue tales "Bag o' Bones" and "Barleycorn Brides." Don't miss this amazing third collection, topped off with a stunning new wraparound cover by James Jean.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:16 -0400)

YA. The lives and adventures of well-known characters from fairy tales and folklore who've been driven out of their magical homelands by a mysterious conqueror known only as the Adversary.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,300,300 books! | Top bar: Always visible