The fortune teller by Donald James

The fortune teller (1999)

by Donald James

English (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (2)
After reading Monstrum, I was determined to hunt down more books by Donald James, and this was the next one I found. It continues the story of Constantine Vadim, the harried Russian police inspector, who is now searching for his kidnapped wife. I love it, if anything, more than Monstrum -- the story is intricate and never leads where you expect it to. The character of Vadim is very sympathetic, and I'm eager to read more about him. I only wish James's books were easier to find! I'm surprised they're not in print, they are so good. ( )
  codyne | Jul 25, 2007 |
The first one was washed in from Lake Michigan, rolling along the shoreline of Chicago's Lincoln Park.

Inspector Constantin Vadim is back in his Arctic home town after a brief and nearly catastrophic appointment in Moscow. His young wife, Natalya, a doctor, answers an emergency call, but doesn┐t return. Vadim┐s desperate investigation reveals that a second missing woman was abducted on the same night.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,022,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible