I Am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne

I Am Ozzy

by Ozzy Osbourne

Recently added byprivate library, shadoe.runner, Osiarn, tjp84
    Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal by Ian Christe (poetontheone)
    poetontheone: A book that is an essential read for any fan of heavy metal music. Extensively researched and definitive, with a fair amount of space weaved through its four hundred pages that is devoted to Black Sabbath as well as Ozzy's solo years.

English (23)  German (1)  All languages (24)
Would have been a five if there were even more amazing content, but then again, this is Ozzy's brain dump. I'm surprised we got this many pages! Definitely a recommended read. ( )
  lgwapnitsky | Feb 6, 2014 |
'I Am Ozzy' reads like you were sitting down the pub, listening to the Ozzmeister tell you one funny story after another. He's done some crazy shit in his, every drug, pill and booze known to man, but somehow has survived as a father, a husband, a grandfather, a loyal son and proud Briton. Several laughing out-loud moments while reading this. Four stars.

'well, I got hit by an aeroplane once, sort of anyway. And i broke my neck on a quad bike. Then I died twice during the coma. I had AIDS for 24 hours, too. And I thought I had MS. I broke my clack that other time. Oh, and I've had the clap a few times. And had one or two seizured, like when I took codeine, or when I date raped myself in Germany. That's it really - unless you count the abuse of prescription medication. ( )
  richardcjennings | Nov 11, 2013 |
I don't have any idea why I picked it up, but it was actually, thoroughly readable and I enjoyed it. ( )
  Mirkwood | May 10, 2013 |
You know, I was strangely charmed by this. I wouldn't say there were any really shocking revelations, but it was enjoyable enough for a lazy afternoon. ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |
A great autobiography from the Prince of Darkness. A hilarious, outrageous and all-entertaining read. If you're a fan of Ozzy or the Black Sabbath or simply love metal music you HAVE to read it.... ( )
  TheCrow2 | Oct 31, 2012 |
Osbourne knows what we want to read. He spends less time discussing how the horror-tinged music was made and more on how the success and money let him behave. Think of it as a gratuitous and grotesque “Behind the Music” episode.

"They've said some crazy things about me over the years. I mean, okay: 'He bit the head off a bat.' Yes. 'He bit the head off a dove.' Yes. But then you hear things like, 'Ozzy went to the show last night, but he wouldn't perform until he'd killed fifteen puppies . . .' Now me, kill fifteen puppies? I love puppies. I've got eighteen of the f**king things at home. I've killed a few cows in my time, mind you. And the chickens. I shot the chickens in my house that night.

It haunts me, all this crazy stuff. Every day of my life has been an event. I took lethal combinations of booze and drugs for thirty f**king years. I survived a direct hit by a plane, suicidal overdoses, STDs. I've been accused of attempted murder. Then I almost died while riding over a bump on a quad bike at f**king two miles per hour.

People ask me how come I'm still alive, and I don't know what to say. When I was growing up, if you'd have put me up against a wall with the other kids from my street and asked me which one of us was gonna make it to the age of sixty, which one of us would end up with five kids and four grandkids and houses in Buckinghamshire and Beverly Hills, I wouldn't have put money on me, no f**king way. But here I am: ready to tell my story, in my own words, for the first time.

A lot of it ain't gonna be pretty. I've done some bad things in my time. I've always been drawn to the dark side, me. But I ain't the devil. I'm just John Osbourne: a working-class kid from Aston, who quit his job in the factory and went looking for a good time."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:00 -0400)

One of television's best loved personalities via the wildly successful hit MTV show The Osbournes, Ozzy tells about his days on the road and the heartbreak he suffered during those days of hard living.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,641,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible