Moon Craving by Lucy Monroe

Delightful read, well written book with strong characters, well paced with just the right amount of sizzle. ( )
  fishbourne | Feb 18, 2015 |
re-read 1/2011 - I really love the romance here. Even upon re-reading I found the plot well done and the characters enjoyable.

I enjoyed this book more than I expected to. The characters were all well written and I liked the overall story. I was bothered by the abrupt ending, however. I wanted to see more resolution in regards to things happening around the keep and with the clan.

Otherwise it was a good read. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
This is one of my favorite shifter series, one that I re-read often. What is special about it is that it is set in historical Scotland AND it is a shifter series-- you rarely see that.

I enjoyed the female lead, she was not too spunky that she was not period appropriate. I love the book! ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
Abigail was sick as a child and as consequence is now deaf. Church preaches that it is a sign of demonic possession, so she must hide her affliction by reading from lips. Shunned by her parents, her only comfort and friend was her sister Emily, who got married tot the highlander in [b:Moon Awakening|74455|Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1)|Lucy Monroe|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348141662s/74455.jpg|72013], the first book this series. Now Abigail is also sent to Scotland because her marriage is arranged by English king himself and should seal the peace between English and Scottish people. But how is she going to hide that she is deaf in new, unknown environment? And if English church labeled her as a demon, what are cruel highlander tribes going to do to her?

Children of the Moon series is highlander historical romance series with a little bit of paranormal (because highlander tribes have shifters living in them). Lucy Monroe, as usual, weaves a sweet and sizzling romance story between main characters and spices it up with romance between side-characters and murder/conspiracy plots.
I must admit [b:Moon Craving|6640559|Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2)|Lucy Monroe|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1311703104s/6640559.jpg|6835019] is my favorite book in this series, I really liked Abigail who was just the kind of heroine I like: smart, resourceful, stubborn... I will definitely come back for more. :)

My rating: 3.5 stars

I recommend this book to fans of: historical romance novels with higlanders and/or shifters ( )
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |
I would say this book was a solid 3 star read for the most part. I found the beginning a bit tedious and I'm not sure whether it was because I hadn't read the first book in the series or if the beginning just wasn't great. That being said, the book continually improved the longer I read it.

What ultimately made me give it an extra star was the secondary romance between Guaire and Niall. Having the two highland warriors fall in love was an unexpected but extremely pleasant surprise. ( )
  Jyl22075 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Moon Craving is fascinating in that it combines the paranormal with a much more human examination of the emotions that surround shame, disability, and lies between spouses.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425233049, Mass Market Paperback)

New from the national bestselling author of Moon Awakening

When Talorc-laird of the Sinclair clan and leader of his werewolf pack- must wed an Englishwoman, he's shocked to find that she is his mate. Deaf since childhood, Abigail hopes to keep her affliction from Talorc as long as possible, just as he has no intention of telling her that he's a werewolf. But when Abigail learns that the husband she's begun to love has deceived her, it will take all his warrior's strength-and his wolf's cunning-to win his wife back.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:19 -0400)

After surviving their latest encounter with A, high school seniors Aria, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna must try to convince the police that the real A is still on the loose, all while trying to stay alive.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,947,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible