Born in Sin: A MacAllisters Novel by Kinley…

Born in Sin: A MacAllisters Novel (edition 2003)

by Kinley MacGregor

Member:Lydia_Gastrell
Title:Born in Sin: A MacAllisters Novel
Authors:Kinley MacGregor
Info:Avon (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****

Born in Sin by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Another tortured hero, full of self-loathing. A sweet, standard Scottish romp, easy reading. I liked the hero, Sin, and the romance was nice and steamy. (3.5 stars) ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
historical romance, Scotland ( )
  ScriverS | Jun 15, 2012 |
This is my favorite of the Kinley MacGregor books in general, and of the MacAllisters series in particular. Sin always struck me as the most interesting and likable of the MacAllister brothers. I've read the other books in the series for the sake of completion, but none of them ever appealed to me like this one did. I really enjoy the first part of the story, reading about Sin and Callie's first meetings and seeing their attraction for each other spark. This is one of those stories where you can really witness the romance between the characters take root and blossom. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Nov 24, 2010 |
about a man who because of his past thinks himself unworthy to be liked or loved by anyone and has his life turned around by the love of a scottish woman he is forced to marry ( )
  bronwyn52 | Jan 4, 2009 |
Okay, Sin's background is so unrelentingly awful, it's amazing he didn't shut down into a catatonic stupor. It's just hatred, indifference and torture all the way. And Callie starts off having a bit of spunk, but then she becomes equally unrelentingly sweet. And yet, their romance works, because you just want Sin to have some warmth and softness in his life. It has some real touching moments in it, though the end is just rubbish - Henry II would never have reacted like that! If you use real people, you have to stay true to their character - and it's too sweet; but the middle and beginning are good, so it's definitely worth a read, if not a keeper. ( )
  amf0001 | Nov 19, 2007 |
"I would sooner geld myself. Drunk. With a dull knife."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 038081790X, Mass Market Paperback)

Stunning Caledonia MacNeely fights an unfamiliar shiver when she is offered in marriage to the infamous ′Lord Sin′. Though Callie fears this mysterious knight - less for the dark whispers that damn him than for the burning desire he invokes - she is under order of the English King. And with the fate of her troubled clan hanging in the balance, she has little recourse.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:34 -0400)

Threatened with the death of her family if she does not agree, fiery Caledonia MacNeely reluctantly consents to marry "Sin" MacAllister on the command of King Henry.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,570,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible