Hot Rain by Kat Martin

Hot Rain

by Kat Martin

Mary Alice Parker (Allie) watched as her best friend and roommate who she was seeing off at the marina to go off with her boyfriend die when then boat exploded minutes after taking off. Not getting anywhere with the police Allie takes the case on and starts her own investigation. This leads her back to the marina to another boat own my the big wig Felix Baranoff who she thinks had something to do with her friends death.

This starts off a crazy adeventure. First her getting caught on the boat after it takes off and she has to pretend to be the Captain's woman so the two thugs that are also onboard dont rape and kill her.

Jake Dawson has been uncover on this op for a while and wants nothing more than to bring Felix down and this little blonde woman is not going to prevent his from his mission.

Things go from bad to worse after docking in Belize. Her and Jake find themselves stranded in the jungle after the plane crashes they were on.

I understand this is a reissue but I tell you as reading it didnt feel that way. This was a great book. Plenty of action and romance and even comedy. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
[edit]
I love this book. Allie and Jake are awesome together. I love all the adventures they got up to, while trying to bring Baranoff down. I loved how over the course of the book,
Jake realized that he was in love with Allie.

I'm also a big fan of action and this book was jam-packed with tons of it, which I love. I love that Allie started all of it by trying to get justice for her friend Chrissy, and in the process, ended up finding the love of her life.

I also love that even though Jake fought falling in love with Allie through the book, he still wanted what was best for her through the whole thing. That shows how much he loves her.

My favorite part was the last two chapters where Miguel was brought back so Allie and Jake could adopt him, and when Jake finally decided to try and find his son ( )
  Laina_Spaulding | Apr 16, 2016 |
Fairly formulaic, but the author does make us like the characters and enjoy their interactions, even when they are on the, umm, far side of believable. ( )
  wareagle78 | Mar 24, 2014 |
In Martin's romantic suspense novel, Allie Parker refuses to accept that her friend's death was an accident. In her quest to find the truth, she becomes an unwilling passenger on a boat carrying deadly cargo and a mystery man named, Jake Dawson. With danger lurking around every corner, Allie agrees to become the unwilling bed partner to Jake in exchange for his protection. A busy, supenseful plot peppered with hot sex. ( )
  debbieaheaton | Feb 21, 2012 |

Allie Parker knows her best friend's death was no accident, but her quest to find the truth soon puts her in the wrong place - at the worst possible time...An unwilling passenger on a boat carrying deadly cargo and dangerous men, her only ally is mysterious Jake Dawson, who warns her that she must play the role of his reluctant bedmate...if she wants to stay alive. Under any other circumstances, she'd welcome the attentions of a man with Jake's powerful body and seductive deep blue eyes. But as Allie places her body - and her trust - in the hands of a total stranger, she wonders if this desperate gamble will be her last...

While investigating her friend's suspicious death, Allie Parker unwittingly becomes a passenger on a yacht carrying deadly cargo and must join forces with the mysterious Jake Dawson in order to stay alive.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,491,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible