QBQ! The Question Behind the Question:…

by John G. Miller

Member:gopfolk
Title:QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability at Work and in Life
Authors:John G. Miller
Info:Putnam Publishing Group (2004), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 160 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Non-fiction, Business

QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability at Work and in Life by John G. Miller

Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 7 Powerful Tools for Life and Work by Marilee G. Adams (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: This follows a similar vein of changing your questions to change how you view things.

You can't change anyone but you! :) ( )
  JerseyGirl21 | Jan 24, 2016 |
My manager just gave this to all the new hires to read.
I liked it a lot, and I think it will help me actually ask better questions. The anecdotal style made it a quick read, and kept it interesting. ( )
  MelanieTid | Jan 18, 2016 |
How can I make things better? Not why? or when? or who? !!!!! ( )
  mdubois | Jun 16, 2014 |
I was given this book as a part of a Dave Ramsey seminar. A short and easy read, the book is full of great ideas and self awareness thoughts. Made me re-think how I addressed problems both in my work and personal life. Just finished refreshing myself with the concept again I would highly recommend this book. ( )
  Bob_Vogler | Nov 25, 2013 |
Culture of my new department
This is like most corporate books – a very quick read. Even at 140 pages you definitely can read it over your lunch hour.
The concept is pretty simple and I have to admit had I read this prior to leaving my last role I might still be there…glad this book waited until I was here. My biggest take away was that you cannot change those others so ask the questions that will help you to determine what you can do to help yourself. ( )
  gopfolk | Dec 20, 2012 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0399152334, Hardcover)

QBQ! by John G. Miller is a motivational primer aimed at purging the "blame, complaining, and procrastination" from the workplace. Miller believes that one of the hallmarks of today's business culture is a lack of personal accountability; he prescribes the cure in this series of short stories and personal observations drawn from his years of experience running his organizational development firm. His main point is that positive change begins with individuals changing themselves: "Instead of asking, 'When will others walk their talk?' let's walk our talk first." The result is choppy (39 chapters in 115 pages), and at times Miller's advice boils down to truism and cliché. Nevertheless, managers whose workplaces demand remedial, straightforward advice should find a useful tool here. --Harry C. Edwards

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:20 -0400)

Offers advice on developing solutions that avoid blame to address such issues as how to improve a situation, recognize individual contributions, and emphasize personal solutions in order to improve service, teamwork, and adaptability.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,083,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible