Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson

Claire de Lune (edition 2010)

by Christine Johnson

Member:DarkFaerieTales
Title:Claire de Lune
Authors:Christine Johnson
Info:Simon Pulse (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:**

Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson

I really need goodreads to let us give half stars because I'm going back and forth between two and three stars right now and 2.5 stars would totally fix my problem.

I thought it was well written and enjoyable. The dialogue flowed well, I completely felt her mothers personality through the formal language that sometimes develops when english is your second language and I thought the story itself flowed nicely for the most part (there were a few action sequences that just confused me). It didn't drag on like a lot of paranormal romance feels like it does lately. It started with her meeting the guy and got more adventurous and crazy from there. Except that it was kind of completely predictable feeling. I knew exactly who the killer was almost from the word "Go". The other thing that's disappointing me a little bit is that this book felt very self contained. There were problems, problems were solved and nothing felt unresolved and yet still there is a sequel coming out. I would rather see this author create new characters and a new world and try and be less predictable then go into a big drama ridden book about dealing with Mathew's dad. I mean I guess it would be nice to see Claire's relationship with her mother grow a little bit now that her mother no longer feels bound by tradition, but I don't know if that will really happen. Cover was gorgeous too. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
This was another recent read that was just ok for me. I hadn't seen this author before and I heart were-animals so I really wanted to like it too, so I am kind of bummed about that. I did like the concept of the werewolf being matriarchal, I thought that was a sweet idea. This book is less like an action packed werewolf book and more like a coming of age story. I also think the author gave the teens a very real portrayal, they all acted just like I think teens do, or I did when I was one ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |

In Christine Johnson's Claire de Lune a teenager learns that she is a werewolf, descended from a long line of female werewolves, and she must balance her human and werewolf lives, while tracking down the rogue werewolf preying upon the people of her town.

On her sixteenth birthday Claire discovers strange things happening and when her mother reveals their family secret which explains the changes, Claire feels her world, as she has known it to be, slowly slipping away.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,480,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible