Shock by Robin Cook

Title:Shock
Authors:Robin Cook
Info:New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons , 2001

Shock by Robin Cook

English (14)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (17)
This is exactly the kind of book, i have always wanted in a medical thriller.Rightly, reading the book, i learnt lot of things about the medical industry.Oh my God!!! especially "can a women live with one ovary. ( )
  infantinanivetha | Jul 30, 2018 |
Quick read. Interesting medical fiction with twists that keep your attention. ( )
  rondoctor | Jun 6, 2015 |
♦♦♦♦ I received an arc in exchange for an honest review ♦♦♦♦

This is the second book in this series and there are alot more changes, twists and turns in this read.
We broach the subjects of racism and judgements in this book and I feel like Courtney has done well in this subjects.

I found this to be another good read and well written, you feel like your part of the characters live and so far it's a series I recommend reading. ( )
  Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
♦♦♦♦ I received an arc in exchange for an honest review ♦♦♦♦

Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
Robin Cook's thrillers are always creepy because in the medical world, they are always based on scenarios that either HAVE happened, or are completely believable as COULD happen. In this one, he delves into the world of fertility clinics, egg donors, & turns what should for millions of women be a happy event, into a horror story. This is no deviation from the formula of his that WORKS. This will keep you turning the pages. ( )
  Lisa.Johnson.James | Apr 17, 2014 |

Robin Cookprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelder, Eny vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In memory of my good friend Bruno D'Agostino, we miss you
For my fissioned nuclear family Jean and Cameron with love and appreciation
The human egg cell, or oocyte, that was snared by the slight suction exerted through the blunt end of the holding pipette was no different from its approximately five dozen siblings.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 042518286X, Mass Market Paperback)

Robin Cook, master of bestselling medical thrillers, answers the "What's the worst thing that could happen?" question in this plot-twisting novel in which villains with no sense of ethics or social responsibility get their greedy hands on the newest cloning technology. It starts when a couple of Harvard graduate students answer the Wingate Clinic's ad for egg donors. The women figure on financing a year in Venice and the down payment on a Boston condo with the extraordinary sum they're promised. But a year later, the heroines feel the emotional need to seek out the children they've made possible for infertile couples. So they disguise themselves and seek jobs at the clinic in order to access the identifying information. The clinic, as it turns out, has plenty of secrets to protect, so it's hard to believe that a pair of computer neophytes could bypass its security. But they do, and the author is an adept enough writer to finesse this detail.

As in past books, Cook is much better at the technical details of medical research than he is at characterization, but he definitely knows how to plot a thriller. This one keeps you turning the pages until the final denouement, though the last chapter ends abruptly, leaving the reader to wonder whether he ran out of steam or is just setting up a sequel in which he'll recycle the villains in a new scheme with a new pair of victims. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:56 -0400)

To earn extra money, graduate students Deborah Cochrane and Joanna Meissner become involved with a Boston fertility clinic, but they become suspicious about the clinic and its director and risk their lives to uncover the truth.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,369,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible