Buffy contre les vampires, tome 9 : La…

Buffy contre les vampires, tome 9 : La Chasse sauvage (French Edition) (edition 2000)

by Christopher Golden, Nancy Holder

319552,909 (3.36)2
Member:amyandroland
Title:Buffy contre les vampires, tome 9 : La Chasse sauvage (French Edition)
Authors:Christopher Golden
Other authors:Nancy Holder
Info:Fleuve Noir (2000), Paperback

Child Of The Hunt by Christopher Golden (Author)

Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern by Anne McCaffrey (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: If you enjoy strong female leads

Buffy and her friends discover something shady going on with the local Rennaissance Faire. Simultaneously, Giles uncovers portents that the mysterious Wild Hunt will soon arrive in Sunnydale. The two events are inextricably related and both issues must be dealt with in order for the team to survive the day.
The idea of the Wild Hunt and its link to past Slayer Lucy Hanover was interesting to read about, though not as fleshed-out as I thought it could have been. The eventual resolution to the conflict seemed pretty convenient, but then, so did a lot of episodes of the show. I like how this one only used "Buffy-speak" in dialogue and only by characters who were likely to speak that way. I have read some novelizations of the show where the snickety-snarkety is pretty overboard. This was a decent addition to the BtVS mythology, and Golden is one of the best writers of such fare. ( )
  EmScape | Mar 26, 2019 |
This book was just so overstated. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
Kind of enjoyed the characterization of Roland. Kind of boring. ( )
  laurscartelli | Oct 8, 2009 |
Buffy is still in high school. Set in early season three. There are references to Buffy having run away, Cordelia and Zander are dating, there's is also some foreshadowing for the episode Gingerbread with Joyce.

Buffy has to deal with the Wild Hunt and some sorcerers who run a Renaissance Faire. I found it readable but not great, the characters didn't quite come alive for me. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Dec 11, 2007 |
By one of the best of the Buffy writers. ( )
  lizw | Jan 3, 2006 |

Golden, ChristopherAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Holder, NancyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my sons, Nicholas and Daniel. Heroes are people who do what must be done, and need no other reason. -C.G.
For my best friend, Kristine Lighthart. When I had no hope left, you gave me some of yours. -N.H.
Though she had yet to turn eighteen, Buffy Summers was intimate with death.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671021354, Mass Market Paperback)

EVIL THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES

Jousting contests, human chess matches, lords and ladies and beggars... a traveling Renaissance fair has come to Sunnydale. The fair may seem terminally uncool, but Buffy and her friends are charmed anyway. Especially by a sad-eyed boy named Roland, who serves as the court jester.

Unfortunately, the people from the fair are not the only visitors in Sunnydale. Roaming the countryside are nasty little creatures with a taste for flesh: the dark faerie. They are minions of the Wild Hunt, servants of the evil Erl King.

Buffy's challenge is to annihilate the king and his murderous horde. But the path to his destruction leads straight to Roland, who is not quite human... and destined to become the Slayer's mortal adversary.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:37 -0400)

Buffy has to annihilate the king at the Rennaisance fair and watch Rioland who is to become the Slayer's mortal adversary.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,467,794 books! | Top bar: Always visible