Women, Food and God: An Unexpected Path to…

Women, Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything

by Geneen Roth

For only a 211-page book there are a lot of quotations from other spiritual advisors in here. In between rehashing her childhood troubles with her mother and emphasizing the typical reluctance of her students to immediately embrace her wellness ideology, Roth does give some interesting, encouraging, and practical information regarding the correlations between our relationship with food and the decisions we make in other aspects of life. ( )
  dele2451 | Apr 18, 2014 |
The title for this book, Women Food and God is a bit deceiving. The book is not so much about women, food, and God or even the relationships that women have with food and God. It is really more about the relationship we have with ourselves and learning to treat ourselves with gentleness and love. This book really resonated with me. Like many women, in my mind I have an ideal weight for myself. Unfortunately, I think I passed that ideal weight sometime in my teens and haven't seen it since. Listening to this book has made me rethink why I want that ideal weight. Will thinner arms really make that much of a difference in my life? I don't think I am a shallow person, yet somehow I have it stuck in my mind that being thinner would make me better. So instead of berating myself for eating all the chocolate eggs for my daughter's Care package, I need to pause, breathe and reflect on why I want to snack or web surf mindlessly. Definitely some thing to think about. ( )
  jmoncton | Jun 3, 2013 |
Oddly, books may drag in the middle, and be good at the beginning and the end. It was the other way around for this book. The beginning and ending dragged with many anonymous anecdotes about people in the author's workshops. The middle part provided some interesting information. I'm glad I skimmed the last half of the book so I wasted less than 10 minutes on it. ( )
  brickhorse | May 15, 2013 |
I was assigned this book as part of a nutrition course I'm taking. ( )
  Cather00 | Apr 29, 2013 |
Some stuff in here really hit home, but I just felt like the book was randomly put together. I wouldn't even know how to begin to go about applying this system to my life. ( )
  __Lindsey__ | Apr 17, 2013 |
For those who despair that there is no way through.
And for my retreat students,
who are living testimony that there is.
This is for you.

The bestselling author of "When Food Is Love" helps overeaters find the underlying reasons for using food as an emotional buffer. Roth also provides seven basic guidelines for eating and other therapeutic self-help tools.

Geneen Roth is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,775,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible