Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

Dead in the Family

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (10)

English (172)  French (1)  All languages (173)
This book left me wanting more. I expected a little more from this book though. ( )
  Tiffy83 | Aug 11, 2014 |
The plot seems to meander and I found myself putting the book down with no desire to continue. Which is rare for me with these novels. It just lacked the pizazz of her previous eight in the series. ( )
  AshleyLynnWillis | Aug 1, 2014 |
  AshleyLynnWillis | Aug 1, 2014 |
This one is not good as the last one or the rest of the series.The plot dragged too much.Sookie was too much sulky and cranky for my taste.I love the old happy go like nature of Sookie.And somehow the plot seems boring to me.Eric's creator and his brother were annoying.And really I don't like seeing Eric as helpless and under someone's control.It was totally un-Eric like.I want the confident and cocky Eric back.
And the ending feels rushed to me.Eric's creator Ocella's death was like thrown in there for Sookie's benefit which of course I didn't like too.It would be interesting if we get to know a little more about Colman.I felt like he was just pop out of thin air.
So the bottom line is ,not one of the best Sookie story for my taste. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
Reading Sookie is one of those guily pleasures in life. They are really crazy books, yet I find I have not been able to put them down! This book did not spoil that, but it is pretty "out there"! ( )
  Dmtcer | Jun 3, 2014 |
Harris is no mean shakes at romance — Erik may be dead, but he's still hot — and she serves up the paranormal thrills and juggles her enormous cast with ease. But more to the point, she seamlessly blends all this into a lovingly observed portrait of small-town Louisiana.

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to our son Patrick, who has not only met our hopes, dreams and expectations for him, but exceeded them.
"I feel bad that I'm leaving you like this," Amelia said.

After the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman who is under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate and up against a Fae who wants her dead.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,119,787 books! | Top bar: Always visible