Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

Dead in the Family

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (10)

Recently added bydafinker, private library, mccbookdrive, Debbie97462, atcolorado, MeliP, Ghostly1, DBReads, dm13, MABoone
2010 (65) 2011 (20) Charlaine Harris (31) ebook (54) fae (20) fairies (62) fantasy (217) fiction (247) horror (30) Kindle (25) Louisiana (56) mystery (137) paranormal (102) paranormal romance (51) read (58) read in 2010 (44) romance (82) series (82) shapeshifters (69) Sookie (34) Sookie Stackhouse (223) Sookie Stackhouse Series (24) southern (20) supernatural (87) telepaths (21) to-read (43) True Blood (34) urban fantasy (112) vampires (468) werewolves (120)

English (168)  French (1)  All languages (169)
Reading Sookie is one of those guily pleasures in life. They are really crazy books, yet I find I have not been able to put them down! This book did not spoil that, but it is pretty "out there"! ( )
  Dmtcer | Jun 3, 2014 |
really liked this one. got to meet some new characters in this and the ending was unexpected to me. ( )
  jodiesohl | May 23, 2014 |
Pretty ok is now wow but continues to put me inside the novel, think that the story continue to be very interesting but they were too many plots, lets plots and more development would be better...Anyway I will not say is bad... ( )
  CaroPi | May 6, 2014 |
This installment of the series offers a few new points of interest as additional sup communities come out to the public, and we meet the families of some of the other characters. At book 10, I felt the series was holding up well. Sookie continues to evolve as she is exposed to life outside of the 'normal' box. ( )
  BJ3568 | Mar 25, 2014 |
Every time I start a new Sookie book I think, "This story line is ridiculous, this is the last one of these that I read." Every time I finish a new Sookie book I think, "That was a ton of fun! I'm looking forward to the next one!"

While the Sookie Stackhouse series is definitely no major literary triumph the books are consistently fun and easy. I think this one was around 200 pages (it's hard to say with the Kindle) and I finished it in a day. It's light airplane or beach reading. Don't expect anything ground breaking or epic. But it's definitely a fun read if you recognize what it is. ( )
  steadfastreader | Mar 18, 2014 |
Harris is no mean shakes at romance — Erik may be dead, but he's still hot — and she serves up the paranormal thrills and juggles her enormous cast with ease. But more to the point, she seamlessly blends all this into a lovingly observed portrait of small-town Louisiana.

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to our son Patrick, who has not only met our hopes, dreams and expectations for him, but exceeded them.
"I feel bad that I'm leaving you like this," Amelia said.

After the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman who is under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate and up against a Fae who wants her dead.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,490,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible