Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 10) (edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:jimmaclachlan
Title:Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 10)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Books (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 311 pages
Collections:nonfiction
Rating:***
Tags:paranormal-urban, series, 1paper

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

I really enjoyed reading this book. We got to learn more about Eric's back story, and his maker. We also learned more about Bill's vampire "family." Hunter came back for a visit too. I really like Hunter, and wish he could be in the series more. Between the vampires, weres and fairies, there was a lot going on in this book. It was fast paced, and easy to read. By this time in the series, so much has happened that you really need to read the previous books to follow all the drama. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
Fluffity fluff fluff. ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
Dead in the Family is a great book. I used to love this series, adored the characters, but it has one of the worst endings ever! Do not read the last book. Stay away from it. But this one, and the ones before and the two after are fine. But stay away from the last book! ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
Writing/editing is getting much sloppier. There was so many redundancies and Sookie pity-parties that it was tough to get through this one (again). It seems like Charlaine Harris has lost interest in her own books, and the series (and this reader) is suffering for it. ( )
  liannecollins | Apr 18, 2019 |
3.5 stars

In the 10th book in the series, Sookie ends up with an unexpected houseguest in her fairy cousin, Claude. Eric also has some “family” show up out of the blue who he's not sure he wants to deal with. There is also some vampire politics that Eric is a part of. When a body shows up in Sookie's yard, she needs to figure out who put out it there and why.

This one was a bit slow-moving through most of it, but I still enjoyed it. Even thought the plot didn't move very quickly, I still found it quick to read. ( )
  LibraryCin | Apr 1, 2019 |
Harris is no mean shakes at romance — Erik may be dead, but he's still hot — and she serves up the paranormal thrills and juggles her enormous cast with ease. But more to the point, she seamlessly blends all this into a lovingly observed portrait of small-town Louisiana.

Harris, Charlaineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boucher, Frédérique LeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mümmler, BrittaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to our son Patrick, who has not only met our hopes, dreams and expectations for him, but exceeded them.
"I feel bad that I'm leaving you like this," Amelia said.

After the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman who is under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate and up against a Fae who wants her dead.… (more)

Sourcebooks Landmark

An edition of this book was published by Sourcebooks Landmark.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,713,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible