Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

Dead in the Family (edition 2011)

by Charlaine Harris

3,983None1,280 (3.73)152
Member:Plactus
Title:Dead in the Family
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace paperback
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Charlaine Harris, Contemporary Fantasy, Fantasy, Mystery, The Southern Vampire Mysteries, Urban Fantasy

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

English (165)  French (1)  All languages (166)
This installment of the series offers a few new points of interest as additional sup communities come out to the public, and we meet the families of some of the other characters. At book 10, I felt the series was holding up well. Sookie continues to evolve as she is exposed to life outside of the 'normal' box. ( )
  BJ3568 | Mar 25, 2014 |
Every time I start a new Sookie book I think, "This story line is ridiculous, this is the last one of these that I read." Every time I finish a new Sookie book I think, "That was a ton of fun! I'm looking forward to the next one!"

While the Sookie Stackhouse series is definitely no major literary triumph the books are consistently fun and easy. I think this one was around 200 pages (it's hard to say with the Kindle) and I finished it in a day. It's light airplane or beach reading. Don't expect anything ground breaking or epic. But it's definitely a fun read if you recognize what it is. ( )
  steadfastreader | Mar 18, 2014 |
Loved it. ( )
  Tara.Ross | Mar 14, 2014 |
I started to give up on this series with book 9 and book 10 cinched the deal. It was the final nail in the coffin (no pun intended). Harris' writing has never been particularly good, but I could get past that because she told fun stories with entertaining and dynamic characters. In the last two (arguably three) books not only has the writing gotten worse, but the characters are suddenly wooden and two dimensional (except for Sookie who has become whiney and oh so annoying) and the plots seem "phoned in" with more holes than a fangbanger on Saturday night. Sorry Sookie, I'm done. ( )
  Mistress_Bedlam | Mar 6, 2014 |
Well I really didn't care for this book. I found it boring at times. Sookie also got on my nerves with her blood bond with Eric. I just didn't feel for the characters this time. I like that Jason and Sookie are trying to have their relationship as brother and sister again.

The two natured have revealed themselves to the rest of the world. There is still some residual effects from them coming out. Some people just don't want to deal with those that they don't consider 'normal'. You have Shifters and Weres that are now being attacked and not necessarily physically.

There is a death of a Were whose body is placed on Sookies land. So you know that someone is after Sookie and wants her in jail or killed. Eric's maker arrives in this book and Sook can feel the bond of him through the bond of Eric.

The end is when I didn't want to put the book down because I wanted to know what would happen to Sook, the Were's that had betrayed the pack, Eric and his maker and the sibling. I am hoping the next book is better then this one. ( )
  crazy4reading | Jan 31, 2014 |
Harris is no mean shakes at romance — Erik may be dead, but he's still hot — and she serves up the paranormal thrills and juggles her enormous cast with ease. But more to the point, she seamlessly blends all this into a lovingly observed portrait of small-town Louisiana.

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to our son Patrick, who has not only met our hopes, dreams and expectations for him, but exceeded them.
"I feel bad that I'm leaving you like this," Amelia said.

After the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman who is under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate and up against a Fae who wants her dead.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,417,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible