Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
Title:Dead in the Family
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace paperback
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Charlaine Harris, Contemporary Fantasy, Fantasy, Mystery, The Southern Vampire Mysteries, Urban Fantasy

Dead In The Family by Charlaine Harris

English (195)  French (1)  All languages (196)
Another good book in the life of Sookie Stackhouse. It was interesting to learn more about her family history and Eric's history. As always, this is a great series to listen to on audio. When I'm done I will miss having Sookie Stackhouse and the other characters ride to work with me. I recommend this series of books. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
This seemed more like a few missing chapters from the previous book than a stand-alone novel. It introduced some new issues, then resolved them (for the most part) ... I think I would have rather had Harris add this story to the next real book and leave out all the extra stuff.

And I've got no idea why the first chapters started the way they did. She named them by the month (or part of the month) that the chapter took place in, as if that made some difference to the readers. I should check that out again ... clearly I missed the significance. Maybe it's got something to do with the next book?

Either way, transition books stink. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Excellent. Love that ending. ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |
My favorite book in the series. Fun, funny, romantic and exciting.
  Emmy_Gerard | Jun 3, 2016 |
Very disappointing. I was really hoping this would be better than the last one but it was worse. It was just boring. There was finally some action at the end but then it was rushed in the last 10 pages. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Harris is no mean shakes at romance — Erik may be dead, but he's still hot — and she serves up the paranormal thrills and juggles her enormous cast with ease. But more to the point, she seamlessly blends all this into a lovingly observed portrait of small-town Louisiana.

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to our son Patrick, who has not only met our hopes, dreams and expectations for him, but exceeded them.
"I feel bad that I'm leaving you like this," Amelia said.

After the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman who is under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate and up against a Fae who wants her dead.… (more)

Sourcebooks Landmark

An edition of this book was published by Sourcebooks Landmark.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,398,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible