Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
Title:Dead in the Family
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace paperback
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Charlaine Harris, Contemporary Fantasy, Fantasy, Mystery, The Southern Vampire Mysteries, Urban Fantasy

Dead In The Family by Charlaine Harris

English (190)  French (1)  All languages (191)
This book could have been about 20 pages long! Nothing happened at all until those last few pages. A bit pointless! ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
I loved it. There was a lot of real life going on in this story. Sookie and her friends/family trying to recover and move on from all the death and destruction they faced. Time for some reflection of who and what they are. Sookie really has some emotion break-throughs, her life has changed and so has she. This is the new hardened Sookie. She deals with troubles in a whole new way, no more sweet nice Sookie. Some new characters are brought into the end of the story giving it a new direction. I enjoyed reading it, and will re-read it. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Mild Spoilers....No Conclusions, Just the Basic Plot

Ok:

Sookie has basically worked her love life out. She has also for the most part worked her Family issues out.

Congress wants the Were's to "register".

A Fae wants revenge on Sookie & Claude is back.

Eric's Sire/maker returns with a Wacked Out Tsarist Alexie. Victor, the King's lieutenant, is out to discredit Eric & take over Area 5 & we find out why Eric was not there in the last book to help Sookie fight the Evil Faeries.

Someone is betraying Alcide & the pack.

Bill is still very sick from the attack of the Fae with silver tipped teeth that bit him.

In the first part of the book Sookie makes her usual "christian" statement (but it wasn't as fanatical as in the last book), but oddly moves on to wanting to kill several vamps who are harassing Eric. So go figure! I really think it's time for Harris to move off this 'christian' thing, because it is NOT working with all the paranormal/vamp/were/fundamentalist violence that the books revolve around.

I must say that I enjoyed this book so very much more than the previous one.....the violence was not graphic, the plot was good and had I not had a luncheon to go to this afternoon, I'd have stayed up all morning to finish it...as it was I was up until 1:00 am with just a few chapters to go. Aside from the usualy violence, it had a "feel good" plot & there was actually loving & kindness through out the story. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
I was so excited to get the new Sookie Stackhouse novel and while it was good and I did like it, I felt like it was slower then previous books. This volume seemed to focus on Sookie getting her life back into some semblence of order and there was a lot of emphasis on her living her day to day life. Even Sookie felt the lack of action, frequently complaining that she felt lonely and bored. The mysteries weren't solved until the last couple of pages (which is good cause I was getting soooo close to the end I was afraid that they were going to carry over into the next book). We also get a lot of interesting background on both Bill and Eric and their makers, which I always love, and a really great couple of chapters dealing with Sookie and her nephew trying to learn how to teach him to deal with his powers. A lot of this book felt like everyone was still in a holding pattern, like the author hadn't really decided what direction certain parts of the story were going to go in. Hopefully the next book will be a little bit more dynamic the way previous books were.(As it has to becuase there were a few unresolved problems.) ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Harris is no mean shakes at romance — Erik may be dead, but he's still hot — and she serves up the paranormal thrills and juggles her enormous cast with ease. But more to the point, she seamlessly blends all this into a lovingly observed portrait of small-town Louisiana.

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to our son Patrick, who has not only met our hopes, dreams and expectations for him, but exceeded them.
"I feel bad that I'm leaving you like this," Amelia said.

After the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman who is under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate and up against a Fae who wants her dead.… (more)

Sourcebooks Landmark

An edition of this book was published by Sourcebooks Landmark.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,055,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible