The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every…

by Margaret Radcliffe

Series: Answer Book

Member:TeriLB
Title:The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask
Authors:Margaret Radcliffe
Info:Storey Publishing, LLC (2005), Perfect Paperback, 432 pages
Collections:KNITTING BOOKS, Your library
Tags:Knitting, Knitting Reference

The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask by Margaret Radcliffe

Every avid knitter has faced this dilemma: deep into a project at midnight, just trying to finish one more row, and, then . . . oh no, a dropped stitch three rows back! Help! If only there was a 24-hour hotline to answer every question a knitter might encounter. Well, now there is, with The Knitting Answer Book . The expert authors, Margaret Radcliffe and Edie Eckman, leave no question unanswered, no quandry unaddressed. Each book contains detailed, illustrated answers to literally hundreds of questions, from the common to the more unusual:

• Are certain needles better for certain yarns?
• What if I dropped a stitch several rows back?
• Why do my edges tend to curl up?
• Can you use a different weight yarn than the pattern calls for?
• What can I do to keep my yarns from tangling up?
• Oops, I see my ribbing is way too tight. Now what?

Covering the whole range of situations a beginner is likely to face, along with the problems that may arise for those working more advanced patterns, this Answer Book will help knitters and crocheters of all levels. Each book is packaged in a small, take-along trim size, in a friendly-to-use Q&A format, and belongs in the bag of every knitter. Available 24/7, The Knitting Answer Book is always open, ready for yarn lovers to browse and consult to their heart’s content. ( )
  RochesterKnittingGui | Apr 22, 2016 |
This a handy reference book filled with tips and advice for all knitters, from beginners to experts. The small size makes it perfect for on the go knitting. I believe it should be considered an essential tool for the knitter. ( )
  Mootastic1 | Jan 15, 2016 |
This is a very informative,enjoyable book. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This is a very informative,enjoyable book. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
I find this book to be very helpful. Since I have the ebook, I can easily search for topics, but the text references the wrong page numbers. I still like being able to search. The diagrams and topics are all great to understanding mistakes and techniques. If you are interested, check out the tech-knitting blog. It's not related, but very similar content. ( )
  CassandraT | Oct 10, 2014 |

Discusses subjects ranging from needle sizes and yarn weights to curling edges, chart reading, tight ribbing, and dropped stitches, in a question-and-answer format.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,214,110 books! | Top bar: Always visible