Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of…

Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason (2009)

by Caroline Myss

As always, I think that Carolyn Myss has some great insights. I found this book a little light on content however. Reading her books always inspires me to bring my actions in alignment with my ideals...and I agree with her central tenet, that we can't just stop with the idea that "life is energy" we need to recognize the sacredness of the energy that is life and that healing from illness is something that happens on a spiritual or mystical level...not intellectual or psychological. So, it was worthwhile to read but not as good as some of her other books. ( )
  sumariotter | Nov 2, 2011 |
amazon.com:

New York Times best-selling author Caroline Myss draws from her years as a medical intuitive to show that healing is not only physical; it is also a mystical phenomenon that transcends reason.

Inspired by ordinary people who overcame a wide array of physical and psychological ailments—from rheumatoid arthritis to cancer—Caroline dove into the works of the great mystics to gain a deeper understanding of healing’s spiritual underpinnings. Based on these studies, she demonstrates how conventional and holistic medicine often fall short in times of need. Both systems rely upon a logical approach to curing illness when there is nothing reasonable about the emotional, psychological, or spiritual influences behind any ailment.

Integral to this mystical healing approach is the engagement of the soul, which we experience through exploring our seven shadow passions, building an empowered inner self around our seven inherent graces, and learning how to work with the mystical laws that govern it. This knowledge holds the key to understanding what it means to defy gravity and break through the boundaries of ordinary thought. You can heal any illness. You can channel grace. And you can learn to live fearlessly.

About the Author:

Caroline Myss has been in the field of energy medicine and human consciousness for 20 years. Since 1982, she has worked as a medical intuitive, providing individuals with an evaluation of the health of their energetic anatomy system. She specializes in assisting people in understanding the emotional, psychological, and physical reasons why their bodies have developed an illness. Her New York Times bestsellers include 'Anatomy of the Spirit', 'Why People Don’t Heal and How They Can', 'Sacred Contacts', and 'Entering the Castle'.
  Saraswati_Library | Jan 7, 2011 |

Inspired by ordinary people who overcame a wide range of illnesses, and studying faiths and healing traditions of cultures worldwide, Caroline Myss explains the seven graces and mystical laws that build the spiritual strength needed to heal.

Two editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1401922910, 1401922937

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,318,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible