The Ice Cream Army by Jessica Gregson

The Ice Cream Army

by Jessica Gregson

611,268,033 (3)None

"The Ice Cream Army" is based on the true story of the battle of Broken Hill, where, in 1915, two Turkish men declared war on Australia and attacked a train, killing two of the passengers. The novel is a fictionalised exploration of the racism and prejudice faced by two Turkish immigrants in a small town in rural Australia, and the events that led them to take the action that they did.

I have been given this book for this months book group. Firstly I would not have picked this book for it’s cover, title or the blurb on the back. The peroid in history where the book is set would not of interested me either, I have got as far a chapter 5 and have to say have given up. Not sure if I will pick it up again and try a bit more. ( )
  tina1969 | Mar 14, 2011 |

Jessica Gregson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,779,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible