The Road Not Taken and Other Poems (Dover…

The Road Not Taken and Other Poems (Dover Thrift Editions) (1916)

by Robert Frost

Favorites in this collection include "The Road Not Taken," "A Patch of Old Snow," and "Birches." ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
Well, inspired by Maurice and Donald, I decided to take a whack at some poetry. Relatively classic, but I thought a safe beginning. I have to say that some of them were a bit of torture for me, and some I really quite enjoyed. I suppose I do like some poetry then eh? Always good to try new things now and then. Though, I did read it in bits over a few weeks, and I'm not sure I would enjoy reading poetry exclusively...there is some that I appreciate and that is good to know. ( )
  Ameliapei | Apr 18, 2013 |
There are some beautiful and apt pictures in these poems - the tip of a flame like the tip of a tongue, old snow like an old newspaper - they are delightful images! Some of these poems are bitter - people behaving not very well - some of these poems are whimsical, and some are poignant. Lovely. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Oct 16, 2009 |
I'm sorry, but I just don't like Robert Frost that much. Aside from The Road Not Taken and Mending Wall, I don't care for his poetry. ( )
1 vote BeaverMeyer | Jul 29, 2007 |

Robert Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Applebaum, StanleyEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
re-published by Dover Publications as The Road Not Taken and Other Poems. re-published by Penguin as The Road Not Taken and Other Early Poems

Originally published in 1916 under the title Mountain Interval, this volume contains many of Frost's finest and most moving poems. In addition to the title poem: "An Old Man's Winter Night," "In the Home Stretch," "Meeting and Passing," "Putting in the Seed," "A Time to Talk," many more. All complete and unabridged. Includes a selection from the Common Core State Standards Initiative.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:09 -0400)

These deceptively simple lines from the title poem of this collection suggest Robert Frost at his most representative: the language is simple, clear and colloquial, yet dense with meaning and wider significance. Drawing upon everyday incidents, common situations and rural imagery, Frost fashioned poetry of great lyrical beauty and potent symbolism. Now a selection of the best of his early works is available in this volume, originally published in 1916 under the title Mountain Interval. Included are many moving and expressive poems: An Old Man's Winter Night, In the Home Stretch, Meeting and Passing, Putting In the Seed, A Time to Talk, The Hill Wife, The Exposed Nest, The Sound of Trees and more. All are reprinted here complete and unabridged. A treasury of Frost's most expressive verse.… (more)

3 free

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,606,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible