Impossible by Nancy Werlin

Impossible (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Nancy Werlin

Member:aapike
Title:Impossible
Authors:Nancy Werlin
Info:Dial (2008), Hardcover, 384 pages

Impossible by Nancy Werlin (2008)

Recently added byghsmediacenter, private library, slynneblarp, iceiris, Erewhon77, nekomeeks

Really enjoyed this. I especially liked how family comes together to help the MC. ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
I don't know which part I liked least... the audio book narrator, who sounded like she was reading picture books to a room full of kindergartners, or the book itself, which includes entirely too much mundane inner dialog for my taste (should I? I should. I shouldn't. I can't. I will. ad infinitum) while having many important events happen "off-stage." I can tell that this is a book that would appeal to some people, but I am not one of those people.

The best thing about this book is that the dog doesn't die. He goes outside in the beginning of the last third and then isn't mentioned again until the last chapter. ( )
  LibrarianJen | Dec 1, 2017 |
I never knew there was a book two....? ( )
  Kaytron | Feb 28, 2017 |
I loved this book. The more and more I think about it, the more I like it. I am curious if this will be made into a series. It was so sweet and based on love. It's what we all want...true love:) ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
(Forewarning: A key plot element in this book is a rape. I wouldn't have chosen the book had I known that to start with, but I was already into it by the time the event occurred.)

Lucy does not discover until after she is 17years old and raped, that she lives under a curse. A real curse, of the supernatural kind. Every one of her ancestors was a girl who got pregnant at 17, gave birth at 18, and then went insane. But with the help of her foster parents and friend, soon to be boyfriend, she aims to solve the riddles of the curse to escape it.

The first half of the book dragged a bit too much, but things start picking up after the half way point. The supernatural element in our real world was portrayed quite believably. Lucy takes a long time to figure out who the villain is, though even an inattentive reader will know immediately, from his first appearance. Although I liked Lucy, Zack, and several of the other characters all right, but they weren't fully developed enough for me to love them. More character development was needed. If the three words "teen, supernatural, romance" set your heart a-flutter, you'll probably love this book. If not, you should probably look elsewhere. ( )
  fingerpost | Feb 6, 2017 |

Nancy Werlinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Durante, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my mother
Elaine Sylvia Romotsky Werlin
with love
On the evening of Lucy Scarborough's seventh birthday, after the biggest party the neighborhood had seen since, well, Lucy's sixth birthday, Lucy got one last unexpected gift.

Lucy has nine months to break an ancient curse in order to save both herself and her unborn daughter.

Inspired by the ballad “Scarborough Fair,” this riveting novel combines suspense, fantasy, and romance for an intensely page-turning and masterfully original tale.

Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that the women of her family have been cursed through the generations, forced to attempt three seemingly impossible tasks or to fall into madness upon their child’s birth. But Lucy is the first girl who won’t be alone as she tackles the list. She has her fiercely protective foster parents and her childhood friend Zach beside her. Do they have love and strength enough to overcome an age-old evil?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:45 -0400)

When seventeen-year-old Lucy discovers her family is under an ancient curse by an evil Elfin Knight, she realizes to break the curse she must perform three impossible tasks before her daughter is born in order to save them both.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,405,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible