Born Again by Charles W. Colson

Born Again (1976)

by Charles W. Colson

Recently added byprivate library, TheGatheringChatt, library.carterumc, SueinCyprus, memlhd

I was surprised by several things concerning this book. 1) The well-written story flowed smoothly, never bogging down through its almost 400 pages. 2) I was fascinated by a time in history I knew little about. 3) For some reason I expected a self-righteous presentation of Colson's life, a what-is-wrong-with-the-system story. I found it to be nothing of the sort. A humble telling of a tragic time in his own life and the life of the nation as well as many other men, Colson tells a moving story of the ability of God to redeem the most callous and hardened men, intervene in the most bizarre ways, and change a system that is broken. I would recommend this book to anyone. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
Paperback
  pastorroy | May 21, 2013 |
This is a powerful book that takes you deep in the inner workings of the white house like few books do. The candor with which Colson writes is great and gives the book an honest feel. ( )
  laholmes | Mar 29, 2010 |
fabulous, powerful!
  alpolcyn | Feb 11, 2010 |

Born Again is the autobiography of one of the most influential men of our time. It is not only a remarkable story of one man's redemption in Christ, but a fascinating look inside the events of one of our generation's most riveting sagas.

In 1974 Charles W. Colson pleaded guilty to Watergate-related offenses and, after a tumultuous investigation, served seven months in prison. In his search for meaning and purpose in the face of the Watergate scandal, Colson penned Born Again. This unforgettable memoir shows a man who, seeking fulfillment in success and power, found it, paradoxically, in national disgrace and prison. In the decades since its initial publication, Born Again has brought hope and encouragement to millions. This remarkable story of new life continues to influence lives around the world through a dozen foreign editions.

HENDRICKSON CLASSIC BIOGRAPHIES feature enduring stories about real people whose lives have been touched and transformed by God, and who in turn have touched others with God's love. Each story has been carefully selected, gently edited if necessary, and freshly typeset, making every account be it ancient or contemporary a compelling read. Great lives reaching across the ages to touch lives today, encouraging, challenging, and inspiring.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:28 -0400)

In 1974 Charles W. Colson pleaded guilty to Watergate-related offenses and, after a tumultuous investigation, served seven months in prison. In his search for meaning and purpose in the face of the Watergate scandal, Colson penned Born Again. This unforgettable memoir shows a man who, seeking fulfillment in success and power, found it, paradoxically, in national disgrace and prison. In more than three decades since its initial publication, Born Again has brought hope and encouragement to millions. This remarkable story of new life continues to influence lives around the world. This expanded edition includes a brand-new introduction and a new epilogue by Colson, recounting the writing of his bestselling book and detailing some of the ways his background and ministry have brought hope and encouragement to so many.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,082,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible