The Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins

The Next Best Thing

by Kristan Higgins (Author)

Loved the story, but not the ending. It's a bit too sweet and improbable, even for a romance novel. ( )
  Rezeda | May 27, 2016 |
"3.5 out of 5 stars. I meant what I said ... it's heartwarming and a very sweet book about how love can heal the soul. Yet I didn't completely expect to be crying so much while reading it. =0P"

Read more of my review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/01/three-little-birds-pitch-by-my... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Young widow Lucy Lang has decided it's time to date again in search of a man and kids....no fireworks please, and she finds fireworks and the man very close at hand. ( )
  pennykaplan | Nov 8, 2015 |
First let me say I am a huge Kristan Higgins fan but this book...not so much. The story itself is great but the pages of the book are filled with too much stuff... more than 5 years after her husband dies Lucy is still moping and crying...REALLY? ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
At first I didn't think I was going to like this book as much as her others... and in some ways I don't. But there are a couple of emotionally intense scenes toward the end that OH SWEET MERCY left me unable to breathe. ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |

Lucy Lang became a widow in her late twenties when her husband Jimmy fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his car. She blames it on the family curse: her mother and her aunts all lost their husbands at relatively young ages, and now she and The Black Widows, as she calls them, channel their energy into running their Hungarian bakery. But when Lucy’s younger sister has her first baby, Lucy starts to think that maybe it’s time to get back in the dating game—it has been five years, after all. She’s still young, and attractive, and she still wants a family, so she should put herself out there, even if nobody can quite measure up to her Jimmy. However, this means she has to stop sleeping with her best friend Ethan—who also happens to be her brother-in-law. But maybe she doesn’t need to look so far for what she wants.

After losing the love of her life, young widow Lucy Lang is looking for a nice, decent man--but one who won't stir her heart. So it's goodbye to her friend with privileges, Ethan Mirabelli. Too bad Ethan isn't planning on going anywhere.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,908,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible