Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress…

Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, Book 2) (edition 2010)

by Jeaniene Frost (Author)

Member:Marlin.Library
Title:Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, Book 2)
Authors:Jeaniene Frost (Author)
Info:Avon (2010), Edition: First Edition, 384 pages
Tags:jen, Bedroom

Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

Update: 7/3/11 - This was very painful to read this time around. I just did not care about what was happening at all. Once again, I couldn't get into Mencheres or Kira. Mencheres is supposed to be this big, bad vampire, but I never felt he was all that impressive. He's probably my least favorite character in this series. I really don't have much to say about Kira either. Vlad left more of an impression on me than the main two characters and he played a very small role in the story. 2.5 stars

Original review: 8/25/10
3.5 stars

I really couldn't warm up to Mencheres or Kira. I'm not really sure what it was that didn't work for me, but I did like the story. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Eternal Kiss of Darkness
3.5 Stars

Synopsis:
Kira Graceling is a private investigator struggling to make ends meet until the night she is thrust into a nightmarish world of vampires and ghouls. Stumbling across the scene of a horrific attack, Kira risks her life to save a stranger only to discover that he is a vampire. Mencheres, a Master vampire, is both shocked and intrigued by the fearless human who braves death to rescue him, and must soon return the favor in order to defeat his oldest enemy and save the woman he craves more than life.

Review:
It took me quite a while to get into this book, which only livens up in the last 100 pages. The plot is completely unoriginal and the relationship between the primary characters lacks sizzle and steam.

Yes, Mencheres is powerful, enigmatic and sexy but aren't all vampires these days. Moreover, he spends an inordinate amount of time lamenting the loss of his visions and wallowing in self-pity. Kira is a strong and likeable character but she is far too accepting of her sudden transition into vampirism.

The secondary characters are more engaging, particularly Vlad, who will apparently be getting his own series soon. It is a pity that Ian does not make an appearance in this book as his wit and sarcasm are sorely missed.

While the Night Huntress World is well developed and the internal rules of the vampire community are interesting and unique, it was difficult to become completely immersed in the story and I felt no emotional attachment to the characters. As this was not a problem in First Drop of Crimson, I can only assume that the writing in this book was not up to scratch.

On a final note, there were some aspects of the story that appealed to the literary analyst in me, namely, the symbolism of Kira's name, the ritualistic elements toward the end and the historical background to Mencheres and Radjadef's past.

If Frost decided to publish another book in the series, I will probably read it. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Eternal Kiss of Darkness was excellent. I loved it. I enjoy that Jeaniene Frost has done a spin off of the Night Huntress series and tells the stories of the other charters that we get to know and love. Great paranormal romance book. ( )
  angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
Usually by now in a series, the author's ideas about story line and character start to feel a little jaded. Been there, done that ... here's my formula. Not in this case. Frost keeps getting better. Reading the next book RIGHT away. ( )
  TheBibliophage | Mar 20, 2018 |
3.5 ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gilbert, TaviaNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Demi, SilviaTraduttoresecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Müller, SandraÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my beloved nieces and nephews, the closest I'll come to children of my own.
Wesley, Lauren, Patrick, Michael, Matthew, Christopher, and Amy.
May all of you find your own happily-ever-afters.
Mencheres smelled blood even before he caught the earthy scent of ghouls clustered on the ground floor of the decrepit warehouse.
Ever had a mob of villagers armed with torches and pitchforks burn your house down while screaming 'death to the wampyre!'? I have, and it's irritating beyond belief.

An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness...and now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears - this fearless, beautiful....human who braved death to rescue him. Though her burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.

After Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling recsues Master vampire Mencheres, the vampire must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,551,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible