Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

Monsters of Men

by Patrick Ness

Series: Chaos Walking (3)

Recently added byDuchessofHazard, Zarien, meetpraj, PolarBear24, olschool, Gerard_Scott, private library

English (100)  Dutch (1)  All languages (101)
Waited a long time before I read this for various reasons but was drawn back into the trilogy by the freebie prequel chapter on Kindle. I enjoyed this final installment - good to have a third voice added in particular. I did think it dragged a little in places but a good and satisfying ending with a possible lead onto more books. ( )
  garethmottram | Oct 27, 2015 |
That was a wild ride. I need to lie down. Forever. ( )
  glitzandshadows | Oct 12, 2015 |
A great finish to the best YA series I've ever read. ( )
  LJMax | Aug 21, 2015 |
The powerful conclusion to the Chaos Walking trilogy starts immediately where The Ask and the Answer leaves off. A third narrative voice joins those of Todd and Viola, and even though a lot happens in the novel, I thought this was the weakest out of the three (though not by much), for reasons that are not entirely clear to me. Patrick Ness sends the reader on an emotional rollercoaster, and the breathtaking conclusion left me emotionally drained, but the reader is left with a strong message of hope and reconciliation. I would highly recommend this trilogy for readers of all ages, and this will stay in my mind for a very long time, as all the characters, Todd and Viola in particular, are quite unforgettable, and I'm missing them already. I would certainly advise anyone interested to read the three volumes back to back as this is really one story told in three books. ( )
  passion4reading | Aug 16, 2015 |
No spoilers... just read the books.
The trilogy completely pulled me in as an escape, and lingered as reflections of history and humanity each time the books weren't in my hands. Noise and choice. Very, very good. ( )
  margothere.library | Aug 8, 2015 |

Patrick Nessprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Podehl, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Denise Johnstone-Burt
"War," says Mayor Prentiss, his eyes glinting. "At Last"
I am the Circle and the Circle is me
Boy Colt
"I hope I'd make the right choice, but, Viola, it is a choice. To say you have no choice is to release yourself from responsibility and that's not how a person with integrity acts." (p. 182)

The electrifying finale to the multiple award-winning trilogy, Chaos Walking. "War," says the Mayor. "At last." Three armies march on New Prentisstown, each one intent on destroying the others. Todd and Viola are caught in the middle, with no chance of escape. As the battles commence, how can they hope to stop the fighting? How can there ever be peace when they're so hopelessly outnumbered? And if war makes monsters of men, what terrible choices await? But then a third voice breaks into the battle, one bent on revenge... The electrifying finale to the award-winning Chaos Walking trilogy, Monsters of Men is a heart-stopping novel about power, survival, and the devastating realities of war.
Not a dry eye in
the house as Chaos Walking
trilogy concludes.
Peace with the Spackle
or does New World equal Old
World, but with new foes?

As a world-ending war surges to life around them, Todd and Viola face monstrous decisions, questioning all they have ever known as they try to step back from the darkness and find the best way to achieve peace.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,872,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible