Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

Monsters of Men

by Patrick Ness

Series: Chaos Walking (3)

English (105)  Dutch (1)  All languages (106)
4.5 to the main character- Todd, I want to throttle you, when do you learn ? I understand you are young and want to believe, but those of us who are jaded know better. Watching you stumble and grow is painful at times. I have grown to love you, cheer for you, cry for you and Viola. She is hiding something from you, pay attention ! Listen to her, you are different, why ? Thank you for not leaving your four legged friend.
This last book is twisted an emotion roller-coaster for all the characters. Lives are lost, trusts are broken and the truth is finally reveled. Twisted ! I did not know where this way going. A grand finale for a wonderful series. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I LOVED this book!! It was such a perfect end to the "Chaos Walking" trilogy. From the start I was hooked and had it read over a weekend. The action and suspense never let up and you find yourself asking, What would I do in this situation? as the characters struggle with the choices that have to be make and with the monsters living within them, trying to escape. Filled with love and hate, good and evil, atrocities and acts of kindness, heartbreak and suffering, this is one book that is almost impossible to put down once you start. Congratulations Patrick Ness on an incredible series! ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
Monsters of Men Patrick Ness
4 Stars

The final book in The Chaos Walking Trilogy, although there are other in between books I have decided to read the main trilogy only.

This is a tough one to write a review for as being the final book it is easy to give away spoilers from the previous books so I will cover it in general terms.

The title refers to war, war is what makes monsters of men.

The inhabitants of the New World are faced with difficult decisions and heartbreak as events lead unavoidably to war.

Patrick Ness has managed to show how difficult the decisions taken in a time of conflict are and made them accessible and understandable to a younger audience, what he does really well is show that war is not black and white, good and evil instead it is full of different shades of grey.

I enjoyed this whole series and felt the ending was well done a good place for the reader to leave the New World while also leaving the door open for a return visit. ( )
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |
As a world-ending war surges to life around them, Todd and Viola face monstrous decisions, questioning all they have ever known as they try to step back from the darkness and find the best way to achieve peace.
  lkmuir | Dec 8, 2015 |

Patrick Nessprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Podehl, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Denise Johnstone-Burt
"War," says Mayor Prentiss, his eyes glinting. "At Last"
I am the Circle and the Circle is me
Boy Colt
"I hope I'd make the right choice, but, Viola, it is a choice. To say you have no choice is to release yourself from responsibility and that's not how a person with integrity acts." (p. 182)

The electrifying finale to the multiple award-winning trilogy, Chaos Walking. "War," says the Mayor. "At last." Three armies march on New Prentisstown, each one intent on destroying the others. Todd and Viola are caught in the middle, with no chance of escape. As the battles commence, how can they hope to stop the fighting? How can there ever be peace when they're so hopelessly outnumbered? And if war makes monsters of men, what terrible choices await? But then a third voice breaks into the battle, one bent on revenge... The electrifying finale to the award-winning Chaos Walking trilogy, Monsters of Men is a heart-stopping novel about power, survival, and the devastating realities of war.
Not a dry eye in
the house as Chaos Walking
trilogy concludes.
(passion4reading)
Peace with the Spackle
or does New World equal Old
World, but with new foes?
(passion4reading)

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,236,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible