Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

Monsters of Men

by Patrick Ness

Series: Chaos Walking (3)

Recently added byprivate library, Sherloki, Renn_22, -sunny-, redmandjd50, ScoutJ, bookwormam, darcy36, MCHBurke

It is a good series! I enjoyed it. There are some touchy-feely messages in it (opening your mind to your fellow man; being at one with the universe), and privacy and personal space are obviously not priorities for this author, but it is still an enjoyable read. There was a moment toward the end where I almost threw the book across the room (mimicking my daughter's reaction to a scene in the first book), but I kept reading and it was resolved to my satisfaction. I recommend it! ( )
  darcy36 | Jul 8, 2014 |
Can I just say I love this man, Patrick Ness? No, really. He's my literary hero. THIS is the type of book I want to write. ( )
  GrytaJME | May 27, 2014 |
  GrytaJME | May 27, 2014 |
How?

How does this man make me feel so much for these characters?

How does he manipulate my feelings, raise my hopes just to completely crush them?

How is this man so cunning? He constantly keeps the plot twists coming, one after another, and completely turns the story line on it's head.

How can you make me cry with every book in this series?

How can you leave me like this?

Just, how?! ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
What an ending!!!!

I still love the idea and the way its written more than the story itself.. I wish it lived up to my expectations.. But it just didnt catch me.

I love reading what the Spackle thinks,it gives a much bigger perspective of everything going on. There should be more books with this kind of setting were you see it from all sides. ( )
  AmandaEmma | Mar 26, 2014 |

Patrick Nessprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Podehl, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Denise Johnstone-Burt
"War," says Mayor Prentiss, his eyes glinting. "At Last"
I am the Circle and the Circle is me
Boy Colt
"I hope I'd make the right choice, but, Viola, it is a choice. To say you have no choice is to release yourself from responsibility and that's not how a person with integrity acts." (p. 182)

The electrifying finale to the multiple award-winning trilogy, Chaos Walking. "War," says the Mayor. "At last." Three armies march on New Prentisstown, each one intent on destroying the others. Todd and Viola are caught in the middle, with no chance of escape. As the battles commence, how can they hope to stop the fighting? How can there ever be peace when they're so hopelessly outnumbered? And if war makes monsters of men, what terrible choices await? But then a third voice breaks into the battle, one bent on revenge... The electrifying finale to the award-winning Chaos Walking trilogy, Monsters of Men is a heart-stopping novel about power, survival, and the devastating realities of war.

As a world-ending war surges to life around them, Todd and Viola face monstrous decisions, questioning all they have ever known as they try to step back from the darkness and find the best way to achieve peace.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,611,950 books! | Top bar: Always visible