Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Global Warming by Seymour Simon

Global Warming

by Seymour Simon

6811261,480 (4)None

This book focuses on the consequences of global warming. It describes the greenhouse effect and other ways global warming is caused. Climate change is maybe the most effective on the earth. Most climate change is due to humans, though humans are only helping the earth warm. Scientists believe that the earth would warm anyway but much slower than it is right now. Polar bears, penguins, and other arctic/antarctic animals are suffering from global warming. Soon they could go extinct.
I found out about most of the worlds warming problems through Seymour Simon's book. I liked it most because it sort of made me feel guilty about global warming. It made me notice that earth is dying, and we are killing ourselves slowly but surely. I learned about what we can do to stop our part in global warming. It made me look differently at the world. ( )
  jacko.classperiod | Oct 23, 2017 |
Genre: Informational
Review: This book is all about global warming and the effect it is having on the earth. The book teaches about climate change, greenhouse gases, the part that humans play in global warming, and the effects on places like the Arctic and animals like polar bears. I think this book is a very good tool to use when learning about global warming. The text is fairly large and does not overwhelm the book, and the information is presented in a clear, concise way. It would be easy for a child to understand. It is also a good informational book because there are many images throughout that support the text and provide examples.
Uses: This book would be great to use in class to learn about climate change, global warming, or the animals that are affected by the change. It could be good to read out loud or as a source in a research project.
Media: Photographs ( )
  jbohall14 | Apr 13, 2016 |
This book had amazing captivating photos. Great for children who are learning to recycle and save the planet's energy.
  jenmarin09 | Dec 5, 2015 |
I gave this book 4 stars because of it's content. The book talks about global warning and it effects. This book also has pictures to go along with the text. This would be a great book to spark an opinion writing piece in my 5th grade classroom. ( )
  ramfam5 | Mar 15, 2015 |
A good book to read to ages 5-9 about global warming. This book talks about the effects that global warming has on the planet including animals and the environment. A very straight forward book about the harm humans are doing to Earth but yet in a well- mannered book for young ages. ( )
  kdufrene | Mar 7, 2015 |

Provides an introduction to the causes and effects of global warming and climate change.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,494,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible