Sugar Cookies: Sweet Little Lessons on Love…

Sugar Cookies: Sweet Little Lessons on Love

by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

In Sugar Cookies, Rosenthal uses cookies to describe words that associate with love. This is a follow up of the book "Cookies: Bite-Size Life Lessons." I enjoy how Rosenthal has a cookie recipe at the end of each book. ( )
  kwolinski | Sep 23, 2014 |
Summary:
The book has vocabulary word to begin the page and describes the meaning of it by using cookies as an example.

Personal Reaction:
I love this book because it breaks down the meaning of kind words using cookies to define it. The bokk shows children to be kind and caring to others.

Classroom Extension:
1. Make sugar cookies using the recipe in the back of the book.
2. Have the students choose a vocabulary word from the book and give the dictionary definition, also. ( )
  Mandi20 | Sep 11, 2013 |
This book was not at all what I expected. It took words and expressed them in some way of cookies, It's a book I will definitely never forget and I hope it's one I can read to my class one day. ( )
  achatela | Feb 23, 2013 |
In this extension of the "Cookie" series, the concepts don't match the cookie-baking activity quite as well. In trying to define love-related concepts, the ideas sometimes become less meaningful rather than expressing the fullness of love that should be there. For example, "cherish" is explained as " there is nowhere in the universe I'd rather be than here in our kitchen, baking sugar cookies with you." But to me "cherish" feels like more than that. Where the previous books fully captured the meanings of abstract words and pitched them to the child's sensibilities, this one about love is not as strong. I still like it, but can't rave as with others
  scducharme | Apr 25, 2012 |
This was a great book with challenging words and demonstrations to what they mean. ( )
  kzrobin | Sep 26, 2011 |

This delectable follow-up to the bestselling Cookies and Christmas Cookies defines words that are associated with love. From letting your friend have the last cookie (selfless) to waiting to lick the bowl together (considerate), here is a book for anyone who wants to say I love you. Meanings are illuminated in this different kind of dictionary, which is every bit as heartwarming as the experience of baking cookies with someone you love.

Amy Krouse Rosenthal's sweet little lessons, mixed with warm and inviting illustrations by mother-daughter duo Jane Dyer and Brooke Dyer, make for a book that will hit the spot!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:50 -0400)

Baking cookies teaches us many lessons about life and love. Includes a recipe for sugar cookies.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,320,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible