Mistwood by Leah Cypess

Mistwood

by Leah Cypess

Series: Mistwood (1)

Graceling by Kristin Cashore (foggidawn)
    The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner (cattwing)
    cattwing: This is the third in the series, so I would recommend reading the preceding two first, but King of Attolia and Mistwood besides both being fantastic stories, are full of the same kind of clever intrigue and plot twists.

Interesting story of a guiding spirit that protects a royal family. ( )
  slsmitty25 | Feb 11, 2015 |
Very enjoyable high-fantasy, with a complicated but intriguing plot that kept me turning pages to find out what was really going on. I found the main character quite likable in spite of her superhuman/inhuman traits. I hope to read more from this author!
  devafagan | Jan 2, 2015 |
Really only 2 1/2 stars. I was expecting a lot more. It was too much, and yet not enough. Lots of twists and turns but not a lot of in-between info. I didn't ever get attached to the characters or care what happened to them, so her choice wasn't that impactful to me. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
I can't even remember what made me pick this book up. Possibly it was the faintly purple cover art. I am glad that I did though, because Isabel (the shifter) was such an interesting character. It reminded me a bit of Cashore's books, in a good way. I love when monsters turn out to be people! Over the past year I have been enjoying fantasy fiction so much more, and books like Mistwood are one of the reasons. I would definitely recommend this if a reader is looking for a little adventure, a kick*** female protag, and a bit of weird sci-fi mixed in. ( )
  bladechik99 | Feb 28, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this story, especially all of the twists and turns that kept me questioning what I thought who was doing what to whom.

For some reason, this book feels like a 4-star book. The writing is fine, but it didn't strike me as stellar. Also, the dynamic between Isabel and Rokan didn't feel as natural or smooth as it should have been. I'm not sure what it was, but something was slightly off. Otherwise, it's an excellent book. If someone can point out what may have been missing, I'd love to hear it. I'm still confused as to why I wasn't completely drawn in. ( )
  shellwitte | Dec 11, 2013 |

Brought back from the Mistwood to protect the royal family, a girl who has no memory of being a shape-shifter encounters political and magical intrigue as she struggles with her growing feelings for the prince.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,892,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible