Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh

by Nalini Singh

Series: Psy-Changeling (8)

4502023,201 (4.05)6
Recently added bypnwbookgirl, private library, zuzamiller, bell96, GanneC
    Dark Legend by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Bound to Shadows by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

A Psy and a human story. Sophia is a J and Max is an Enforcer that are asked to work together. Sophia's shields are failing and this may be her last job before she is expected to be rehabilitated. Nice story! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Another beautiful and heart-breaking novel for a series I will love till the end.
Bond of Justice, unlike the previous books, is not about our loved changelings but tells us something new from the point of view of a human, the cop Max Shannon (we already met him in a previous book), and a Justice-Psy, Sophia Russo.
However human he can be, Max is not a common cop…and as a J Sophia is far from the usual Psy we are used to read.
Nalini unravel for us new scenarios for a world that is ever more intriguing. ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
Okay so this is a Human/Psy pairing but who cares because the political drama in this book was way more interesting! Nikita and Kaleb were the attention grabbers of this book. So many hints about the two of them were dropped you could drive yourself crazy trying to figure them out. Is Kaleb the Ghost? Is Nikita not as bad as we originally thought?

Nikita effectively pushed things forward by declaring the need for a council vote on continuing with Silence or breaking it. A big line was drawn and now the council is split. Only Ming has yet to decide which side he's on. Of course, I'm Team Anti-Silence and Anti-Pure Psy. I can't wait to see how things progress.

Nalini is making me nuts, not only can I not wait for Hawke's book but now I'm desperate to know more about Nikita, Kaleb and the Arrows as well as how the war between the two sides of the council will develop and what lengths they will go to, to achieve their goals. Bring it on! ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
I thought it was a really, really good instalment in the series. Max and Sophia fit with each other and made each other better. The plot thickens within the Council and it's making everything even more good to read. I love, love, how much page time the changelings are getting in these later books. Love them to death. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
The more I read of this series, the more I am starting to put things together, even if it is a little like a jigsaw puzzle. I strongly recommend that those of you choosing to start this series do it from the beginning, and in order, not in the manner in which I have chosen to. However, the stories do work on their own, and the past is explained enough for the reader to piece together the gist of what has happened in the earlier books.

This one is a bit different from many of the others in that the relationship is between Max, a human, and Sophia, a J-psy. J-psy are one of the more pyscologically unstable of the psy, as their job basically is a mix between telepath and empath - they are asked to look into the minds of killers and extract from them information on their crimes. Most do not last long, and the Silence is always fragile within them. Sophia's mental shields are on the brink of collapse, and this job could well be her last before complete reconditioning, and so it is with bittersweet feelings that she forms a bond with Max. I enjoyed their relationship but was pleased that whilst the tension was there, this particular book was not so heavily focused on the sex as some of the other ones, but more on the fragile nature of their relationship. ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kayo, Cynthia, Lorna, Emily & Akbar

Because you all rock. Thank you for being my "tomodachi"!
JUSTICE

When the Psy first chose Silence, first chose to bury their emotions and turn into ice-cold individuals who cared nothing for love or hate, they tried to isolate their race from the humans and changelings.
Chapter 1.

It was as she was sitting staring into the face of a sociopath that Sophia Russo realized three irrefutable truths.

"Max Shannon is a good cop, one of the best in New York Enforcement. Born with a natural shield that protects him against Psy mental invasions, he knows he has little chance of advancement within the Psy- dominated power structure. The last case he expects to be assigned to is that of a murderer targeting a Psy Councilor's closest advisors. And the last woman he expects to compel him in the most sensual of ways is a Psy on the verge of catastrophic mental fracture."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,160,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible