Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh

Bonds of Justice (2010)

by Nalini Singh

Series: Psy-Changeling (8)

Dark Legend by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Bound to Shadows by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

The heroine knows that she's almost out of time. Her classification doesn't have a long life expectancy and though she's survived longer than most-she's slowly approaching her expiry date. With each encounter with disgusting evil criminals her shields are disintegrating more and more and soon they will cease to exist and she'll die from all the exposure. But though she's psy- a race known from it's emotionless and cold demeanour, the heroine has always known emotions. So when she meets the beautiful strong and seductive hero, she feels the deep connection that instantly forms between them. The hero has never been known from his subtly so he makes it perfectly clear just how much the damaged but stunning heroine means to him. She in turn is a bit skittish at first but she soon begins to ease up-partly because she begins to fall for him as much as he for her but also because she wants to experience the connection with him before it's too late. So when they discover that his natural shields protect her from his memories, they begin a slow but loving affair. I really enjoyed the ease with which the hero and heroine came together and realized their mutual desire. I really loved the heroine because though she's psy and is ignorant of a lot of things in regards to human emotions and sexual encounters, she ready and open to explore and enjoy what time she has left. It was a very moving story and one that truly touched on your heart strings. The time is slowly running out for a woman who's only fault in life was to be born with the talent to help bring criminals to justice. Nothing about it seemed fair but she was smart enough not to waste of second of her time with the man who's captured her heart. The hero will do anything to save her life but he's powerless to help her and it's killing him to watch her suffer. As I said, the love story was magical and poetic but the suspense investigations, however, fell flat in my opinion. I thought there was just too many things going on. On one hand you have the serial killer and his twisted mind and actions and on the other hand you have the mystery of the mole in the councillor's ranks but either inspired anything remotely interesting. In fact, the investigation into who's the mole was the worse of the two because it very rarely impacted the characters. Where as the serial killer actually escapes prison and kidnaps the heroine. I was just disenchanted with both of them and without the chemistry and passion between the hero and heroine I think this would have been the lowest ranking book of the series so far... BUT, the romance was enough to save it and it deserves a solid 3. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
A Psy and a human story. Sophia is a J and Max is an Enforcer that are asked to work together. Sophia's shields are failing and this may be her last job before she is expected to be rehabilitated. Nice story! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Another beautiful and heart-breaking novel for a series I will love till the end.
Bond of Justice, unlike the previous books, is not about our loved changelings but tells us something new from the point of view of a human, the cop Max Shannon (we already met him in a previous book), and a Justice-Psy, Sophia Russo.
However human he can be, Max is not a common cop…and as a J Sophia is far from the usual Psy we are used to read.
Nalini unravel for us new scenarios for a world that is ever more intriguing. ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
Okay so this is a Human/Psy pairing but who cares because the political drama in this book was way more interesting! Nikita and Kaleb were the attention grabbers of this book. So many hints about the two of them were dropped you could drive yourself crazy trying to figure them out. Is Kaleb the Ghost? Is Nikita not as bad as we originally thought?

Nikita effectively pushed things forward by declaring the need for a council vote on continuing with Silence or breaking it. A big line was drawn and now the council is split. Only Ming has yet to decide which side he's on. Of course, I'm Team Anti-Silence and Anti-Pure Psy. I can't wait to see how things progress.

Nalini is making me nuts, not only can I not wait for Hawke's book but now I'm desperate to know more about Nikita, Kaleb and the Arrows as well as how the war between the two sides of the council will develop and what lengths they will go to, to achieve their goals. Bring it on! ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
I thought it was a really, really good instalment in the series. Max and Sophia fit with each other and made each other better. The plot thickens within the Council and it's making everything even more good to read. I love, love, how much page time the changelings are getting in these later books. Love them to death. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kayo, Cynthia, Lorna, Emily & Akbar

Because you all rock. Thank you for being my "tomodachi"!
JUSTICE

When the Psy first chose Silence, first chose to bury their emotions and turn into ice-cold individuals who cared nothing for love or hate, they tried to isolate their race from the humans and changelings.
Chapter 1.

It was as she was sitting staring into the face of a sociopath that Sophia Russo realized three irrefutable truths.

"Max Shannon is a good cop, one of the best in New York Enforcement. Born with a natural shield that protects him against Psy mental invasions, he knows he has little chance of advancement within the Psy- dominated power structure. The last case he expects to be assigned to is that of a murderer targeting a Psy Councilor's closest advisors. And the last woman he expects to compel him in the most sensual of ways is a Psy on the verge of catastrophic mental fracture."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,884,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible