It'S Back To School We Go! by Ellen…

It'S Back To School We Go!

by Ellen Jackson

This was another one of my favorites that I read. I loved this book for a few different reasons, and one being that each section included a mini story of the first day of school for children from different parts of the world. The sections also included interesting facts about the region in which the child was from. Another feature that enhanced this books quality was the map in the front that showed the regions where each child in book was from.
I believe the main message of this book was that although we are all from different places we still experience some of the same things and feelings. ( )
  CassandraQuigley | Feb 24, 2014 |
Children around the world have a diversity of school experiences. Learning from each of the eleven children in this book, the reader can compare and contrast the lives of children from cultures around the world. ( )
  jlmattix | Sep 26, 2011 |
It's Back to School We Go! is a narrative informational text that shares first day of school stories from all around the world. It talks about traditional things that the children do on the first day of school, and shares a piece of their language with the students. The style of the book is a short two page spread for each child and place that are introduced, which makes it suitable for reading in one sitting or several (maybe at morning meeting for the first week). Because of the simple, yet interesting language, this book is appropriate for sharing with children in kindergarten to fifth grade. I highly recommend it.
  alisiap | Apr 9, 2010 |
An informative book about first day of school traditions all over the world. This book delicately addresses topics such as some children not having money for books, while still celebrating the native cultures of all the children. ( )
  Katya0133 | Jul 6, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0761319484, Hardcover)

In easy-to-read text, describes what the first day of school might be like for a child in Kenya, Kazakhstan, Canada, Australia, Japan, China, Peru, Germany, India, Russia, and the United States.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:49 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,675,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible