Crescendo (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo (Hush, Hush) (edition 2010)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:MarlaSTNC
Title:Crescendo (Hush, Hush)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (2010), Hardcover, 432 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Recently added bySophie_Leishman, Agostush, ghsmediacenter, Taywilsoncx, private library, davesb4be

I didn't want to, but I had so many issues with this book. There were some serious pacing issues throughout the book. Some scenes felt completely irrelevant and didn't add anything to the overall story...making the plot drag.

Nora's best friend, Vee, has to be one of the most annoying secondary characters I have ever read about.

Nora...I know she is 16 and in love, but her whining and moping throughout the first half of the book got repetitive and downright annoying.

While the premise of the book has some interesting back story, I find many of the details more confusing than they should be. At the end of this book, I still didn't understand how it all fight together. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
I have really liked this series more than I thought I would! Can't wait til the next book inn the series comes out. I think some of my students will enjoy it too! She really leaves this book with a cliffhanger though. ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
So I didn't like this book as much as the first because I did not like the fact that Patch and Nora were not together. The twist at the end really got me. I was not expecting the killer to be who it was. I did like that this story was more a book to explain more of the different worlds. It loaded us up with information that we needed for the rest of the series. ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
In the second book of the Hush, Hush Saga, Nora and Patch start to drift away from each other, he starts spending time with Marcie Miller, Nora's enemy. In pure jealousy she starts talking to Scott Parnell, who is a Nephilim like her although he doesn’t really know it. He was forced to be part of the Blackhand's army. A growing force of Nephilim whose goal is to defeat the Fallen Angles. While this is happening Nora and Patch seem to not be together anymore and Vee grows closer to Rixon, Patch's friend and also a fallen angel. Marcie tells Nora that her dad and Nora's mom had been having an affair and that Hank Miller is really her father. Meanwhile Nora, fed up with Patch, rejects him as her guardian angel and he can no longer protect her. Patch becomes Marcie’s guardian angel and Rixon, Vee, and Nora go to Delphic Amusement Park. Scott appears with a gun and Rixon takes and hides Nora to an underground tunnel to protect her. Nora hears her dad’s voice telling her to touch his wing scars that transports her into a vision showing Rixon killing her dad. She tries escape and runs into Scott and tells him that he is immortal and can not die. Rixon shoots him many times and tries to sacrifice Nora but Patch comes in and saves her after she gets shot. After Nora is released from the hospital she finds out that Scott has run away because the police think he is the one who tried to kill Nora. Patch and Nora go to his safe haven in Delphic. The book ends with Hank Miller, Nora’s real dad coming in and taking her away from Patch. ( )
  LoganGB2 | Jun 1, 2018 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Jenn Martin and Rebecca Sutton, for your friendship superpowers! Thanks also to T.J. Fritsche, for suggesting the character name Ecanus.
The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket.
The good news: I convinced Lynn not to send Scott over this morning to pick you up. The bad news: Lynn is set on the tour of town. At this point I'm not sure saying no is going to work. Would you mind taking him around after class? Keep it short. Really short. I left his number on the kitchen counter.
XOXO-Mom
P.S. I'll call you tonight from my hotel.
THIS RING BELONGS TO THE BLACK HAND. HE KILLED YOUR DAD.
I was a jerk last night. Forgive me?

Après une année tourmentée , Nora a retrouvé Patch , l'homme qu'elle aime et qui est maintenant son ange gardien. Alors qu'elle devrait savourer ce bonheur nouveau, un passé menaçant refait surface . Hantée par le meurtre violent de son père , la jeune fille se retrouve plongée dans un mystère qui la dépasse . Son père a-t-il payé de sa vie son ascendance néphilim ?

Sixteen-year-old Nora Grey struggles to face the truth while coping with having a fallen angel boyfriend named Patch and unraveling the mystery surrounding her father's death.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,497,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible