Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca…

Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:sophronia82
Title:Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Teen Fiction
Rating:**1/2
Tags:teen fiction, paranormal romance, high school, friendship, angels

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Before starting my review, I have to say something to Nora, because I've been seething ever since I started the book:

Nora is exhibiting severe signs of "Bella-ism" in this book, and if she doesn't fix them, there could be serious problems. Don't know what "Bella-ism" is? I'll tell you some of the symptoms:

-Unhealthy and obssessive feelings for your significant other
-Unhealthy jealousy
-Extreme bipolarity
-Uncontrolable neediness
-Inability to function without your significant other
-Bad judgement

If you or a friend exhibits these symptoms, this is what you have to do:

Moving on...

Other than Nora's intolarable behavior, I found this book good, although a little bit all over the place. It was kind of abrupt the way it changed from "forbidden love" to whatever the hell happened to Nora's dad.

The last 100 pages or so are full of action and twists that don't seem to drag on at all. I was pretty much absorbed by that point.

I was leaning to rate this book 3 stars, until the cliffhanger in the end made me boost it up to 4.

I liked this book, but finally understand why there's so much hate against the series.

mariannelee_0902 | Jul 1, 2015 |
Yikes! What an ending! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
I can only imagine how difficult it is to write a sequel as good as the first book in a series. Especially when you need to leave a cliffhanger to attract readers to a third book. Still I was not as enamored with this story as I was with Hush,Hush. As a book seller I often recommend Hush, Hush (and Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater) to teen girls as antidotes to the Twilight series. I'll continue to do so, and hope that the third book in the series has the protaganist returning to being a strong independent woman who just happens to be in love with an angel. ( )
  Stembie3 | Jun 14, 2015 |
A little of a disappointment after the first. I did find it compelling enough to keep reading, but the girl protag in this book was acting far more immature than she did in the first, and I found it hard to read for that reason. I cringed at so many things she said and did and found it hard to believe that Patch was still interested in her. Sometimes it was painful to read, but sometimes interesting. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
Alot going on in this book, had to stop and think a lot! Frustrating ending too! ( )
  sgcastellini | Feb 6, 2015 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Jenn Martin and Rebecca Sutton, for your friendship superpowers! Thanks also to T.J. Fritsche, for suggesting the character name Ecanus.
The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket.
The good news: I convinced Lynn not to send Scott over this morning to pick you up. The bad news: Lynn is set on the tour of town. At this point I'm not sure saying no is going to work. Would you mind taking him around after class? Keep it short. Really short. I left his number on the kitchen counter.
XOXO-Mom
P.S. I'll call you tonight from my hotel.
THIS RING BELONGS TO THE BLACK HAND. HE KILLED YOUR DAD.
I was a jerk last night. Forgive me?

Après une année tourmentée , Nora a retrouvé Patch , l'homme qu'elle aime et qui est maintenant son ange gardien. Alors qu'elle devrait savourer ce bonheur nouveau, un passé menaçant refait surface . Hantée par le meurtre violent de son père , la jeune fille se retrouve plongée dans un mystère qui la dépasse . Son père a-t-il payé de sa vie son ascendance néphilim ?

Sixteen-year-old Nora Grey struggles to face the truth while coping with having a fallen angel boyfriend named Patch and unraveling the mystery surrounding her father's death.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,960,489 books! | Top bar: Always visible