Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca…

Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:sophronia82
Title:Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Teen Fiction
Rating:**1/2
Tags:teen fiction, paranormal romance, high school, friendship, angels

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

In this second part of the "Hush, Hush" series, Patch and Nora's relationship take more dips, curves and turns than a run away roller coaster. Plot twists will leave readers eagerly turning pages to see what happens next, while the cliff hanger ending will make you scream in despair - knowing you'll have to wait for part 3 to be released. ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
Contemporary, Paranormal, Young Adult, Coldwater, Maine

Nora Grey thinks everything is perfect now that summer is starting and Patch her extremely hot and protective guardian angel is by her side. Nora has to take a summer school class unfortunately and suddenly Patch has grown distant. He also seems to have developed an irritating interest in Nora’s arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora never would have noticed Scott Parnell an old family friend if she hadn’t been so frustrated with Patch. Scott has moved back to town and his attitude is enough to normally drive Nora away but she is mysteriously drawn to him and the secrets he seems to have especially the ones about her own past.

If that isn’t enough Nora is suddenly dealing with images that are haunting her about her murdered father. She is also questioning whether her Nephilim bloodline had something to do with his death. Nora is willing to risk everything in a desperate need for answers. And she is not going to let everyone’s warnings that things are better left buried stop her.

This is another great book in this series. It gives more answers and keeps readers guessing as to what will happen next and just what some of the answers are. It also has a few surprises that readers will not see coming but adds so much to the storyline that is woven through the series. This second book adds a great deal to the first book and proves it is just as good as the first book was. It will also have readers wanting to see what is going to happen next and just where this is going to end up. This is proving to be a very good series that so far doesn’t disappoint. The suspense keeps building with each word and will have readers coming back for more. ( )
  lrhubble | Sep 20, 2014 |
Even though I read this a week again I've been struggling to find the words to describe it. But I think I finally have. Predictable. It was predictable from the start to the finish and I struggled to read it. I don't know what else to say other than that.

Marcie was annoying, I still couldn't stand Nora's best friend (so unimportant that I don't remember her name) and Patch just did my head in. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to write about it. Its literally taken me 2 weeks know to even finish this review. So now I pretty much give up.

Don't hold your breath for a better one or one for Silence ( )
  Staciesnape | Sep 14, 2014 |
It took me a while to get into this as it has been a while since I read Hush, Hush and I had forgotten a lot. Overall, I think it tunraveled some interesting story lines and I will be interested to see where it goes in the next book. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
It was a really good book better for teenagers. It was mysterious and dark with some romance mixed in. I liked it a lot! ( )
  siquebella | Jul 29, 2014 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Jenn Martin and Rebecca Sutton, for your friendship superpowers! Thanks also to T.J. Fritsche, for suggesting the character name Ecanus.
The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket.
The good news: I convinced Lynn not to send Scott over this morning to pick you up. The bad news: Lynn is set on the tour of town. At this point I'm not sure saying no is going to work. Would you mind taking him around after class? Keep it short. Really short. I left his number on the kitchen counter.
XOXO-Mom
P.S. I'll call you tonight from my hotel.
THIS RING BELONGS TO THE BLACK HAND. HE KILLED YOUR DAD.
I was a jerk last night. Forgive me?

Après une année tourmentée , Nora a retrouvé Patch , l'homme qu'elle aime et qui est maintenant son ange gardien. Alors qu'elle devrait savourer ce bonheur nouveau, un passé menaçant refait surface . Hantée par le meurtre violent de son père , la jeune fille se retrouve plongée dans un mystère qui la dépasse . Son père a-t-il payé de sa vie son ascendance néphilim ?

Sixteen-year-old Nora Grey struggles to face the truth while coping with having a fallen angel boyfriend named Patch and unraveling the mystery surrounding her father's death.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,005,335 books! | Top bar: Always visible