Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca…

Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:sophronia82
Title:Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Teen Fiction
Rating:**1/2
Tags:teen fiction, paranormal romance, high school, friendship, angels

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Even though I read this a week again I've been struggling to find the words to describe it. But I think I finally have. Predictable. It was predictable from the start to the finish and I struggled to read it. I don't know what else to say other than that.

Marcie was annoying, I still couldn't stand Nora's best friend (so unimportant that I don't remember her name) and Patch just did my head in. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to write about it. Its literally taken me 2 weeks know to even finish this review. So now I pretty much give up.

Don't hold your breath for a better one or one for Silence ( )
  Staciesnape | Sep 14, 2014 |
Not as good as Hush, Hush. It started out slow and Nora made a lot of stupid choices. I was constantly yelling at her to think about her actions.

Into the last third of the book, it got much better as the action picked up and that ending is quite the cliffhanger! ( )
  forsakenfates | Aug 25, 2014 |
It took me a while to get into this as it has been a while since I read Hush, Hush and I had forgotten a lot. Overall, I think it tunraveled some interesting story lines and I will be interested to see where it goes in the next book. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
It was a really good book better for teenagers. It was mysterious and dark with some romance mixed in. I liked it a lot! ( )
  siquebella | Jul 29, 2014 |
This book is definitely a let down.I didn't like the first one much but this one is horrible.I couldn't count how many plot holes it have.

Nora is damn annoying.2/3 of the book went on and on around the same things Nora,Patch and Marcie and again Nora,Patch and Marcie.Only the last 100 or some pages have something other than that.I felt like screaming at Nora's stupidity.Countless times she told Patch to get out from my house,my room,my dream,my head and the very next moment she went some place to see Patch.Then what was the point of telling him to get out!When Patch was not telling her the full truth,she was adamant to get it out from Patch but when he tried to tell her in her dreams,she put her fingers in the ears.She is the worst kind of heroine possible.

In the 2/3 of the book,Rixon never appeared physically and the moment he was physically presented to the readers,you can see it from miles away that he is up to something bad.And I couldn't believe the plot went to the same line of the first installment.Again a fallen angel tried to sacrifice Nora to get a human body.Honestly,couldn't Becca Fitzpatrick thought of something else than sacrificing Nora for the same reason again?

The ending was the last straw for me.How could she end a book like that!It was like the story ended because there was shortage of pages or something.What happened to the plot that Chauncey's descendant was avenging his death by trying to kill Nora?I can go on forever but I don't think wasting any more time on it is worth it.The first book was ok but this is plain awful.I am worried that I have to read the next one too.I can't abandon a series in the middle.Please think of something better next time than to sacrificing Nora for the same reason again. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket.

Après une année tourmentée , Nora a retrouvé Patch , l'homme qu'elle aime et qui est maintenant son ange gardien. Alors qu'elle devrait savourer ce bonheur nouveau, un passé menaçant refait surface . Hantée par le meurtre violent de son père , la jeune fille se retrouve plongée dans un mystère qui la dépasse . Son père a-t-il payé de sa vie son ascendance néphilim ?

Sixteen-year-old Nora Grey struggles to face the truth while coping with having a fallen angel boyfriend named Patch and unraveling the mystery surrounding her father's death.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,666,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible