Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca…

Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title:Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Teen Fiction
Tags:teen fiction, paranormal romance, high school, friendship, angels

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

I loved 'Hush, Hush.' It immediately grabbed me and pulled me in. I wanted to know every character and I was intrigued by the concept. In 'Crescendo' however, it took longer than I would have liked for that spark -- that moment when you realize you must finish -- to happen.

In the beginning, Nora and Patch have a perfect relationship, then suddenly things change. Nora becomes the type of female protagonist I cannot stand; insecure and jealous, letting her emotions trump logic and getting herself into terrible situations. She's as naive and impetuous as in the first book, but it's not acceptable anymore. It's annoying, because she should know better. Patch is the same person he was and I love his aloofness, but even he had his unlikeable moments.

We spend more time with Vee, who is outrageous and mildly annoying, and Marcie, who has an ongoing feud with Nora that comes to a head as Patch and Marcy seem to be getting closer. We learn more about Nora's heritage and whether or not her dad's murder has anything to do with her Nephil ancestry.

What I did like was that there are more threads to follow, unlike the first book which focused mainly on Nora and Patch. There's not only the complex relationship between Nora and Patch, but there's Nora's ongoing feud with Marcie Millar, the friendship between Nora and Vee, Vee's budding romance with Patch's close friend Rixon (who is also a fallen angel), and a new kid Scott, who's probablydefinitely trouble and may or may not be a threat to Nora.

The world expands in 'Crescendo' and it becomes increasingly difficult to discern the good from the bad, the wrong from the right and that is what makes the story intriguing; that everything falls in a gray area. There's no black or white, the villains and the heroes are non-existent and every character can go either way.

I rate this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. I liked it, but I did not love it. However, I am anticipating the next book in the series. ( )
  rawrrbot | Sep 15, 2015 |
Page 100 - too high school
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Page 100 - too high school
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Besides the fact that this book made me go into a blind rage throughout the entire thing, I quite enjoyed the book! I can't wait to start book 3! ( )
  thatgirlbookworm | Aug 5, 2015 |
Yikes! What an ending! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Jenn Martin and Rebecca Sutton, for your friendship superpowers! Thanks also to T.J. Fritsche, for suggesting the character name Ecanus.
The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket.
The good news: I convinced Lynn not to send Scott over this morning to pick you up. The bad news: Lynn is set on the tour of town. At this point I'm not sure saying no is going to work. Would you mind taking him around after class? Keep it short. Really short. I left his number on the kitchen counter.
P.S. I'll call you tonight from my hotel.
I was a jerk last night. Forgive me?

Après une année tourmentée , Nora a retrouvé Patch , l'homme qu'elle aime et qui est maintenant son ange gardien. Alors qu'elle devrait savourer ce bonheur nouveau, un passé menaçant refait surface . Hantée par le meurtre violent de son père , la jeune fille se retrouve plongée dans un mystère qui la dépasse . Son père a-t-il payé de sa vie son ascendance néphilim ?

Sixteen-year-old Nora Grey struggles to face the truth while coping with having a fallen angel boyfriend named Patch and unraveling the mystery surrounding her father's death.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,951,905 books! | Top bar: Always visible