Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca…

Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:sophronia82
Title:Crescendo (The Hush, Hush Saga)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Teen Fiction
Rating:**1/2
Tags:teen fiction, paranormal romance, high school, friendship, angels

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

This book is definitely a let down.I didn't like the first one much but this one is horrible.I couldn't count how many plot holes it have.

Nora is damn annoying.2/3 of the book went on and on around the same things Nora,Patch and Marcie and again Nora,Patch and Marcie.Only the last 100 or some pages have something other than that.I felt like screaming at Nora's stupidity.Countless times she told Patch to get out from my house,my room,my dream,my head and the very next moment she went some place to see Patch.Then what was the point of telling him to get out!When Patch was not telling her the full truth,she was adamant to get it out from Patch but when he tried to tell her in her dreams,she put her fingers in the ears.She is the worst kind of heroine possible.

In the 2/3 of the book,Rixon never appeared physically and the moment he was physically presented to the readers,you can see it from miles away that he is up to something bad.And I couldn't believe the plot went to the same line of the first installment.Again a fallen angel tried to sacrifice Nora to get a human body.Honestly,couldn't Becca Fitzpatrick thought of something else than sacrificing Nora for the same reason again?

The ending was the last straw for me.How could she end a book like that!It was like the story ended because there was shortage of pages or something.What happened to the plot that Chauncey's descendant was avenging his death by trying to kill Nora?I can go on forever but I don't think wasting any more time on it is worth it.The first book was ok but this is plain awful.I am worried that I have to read the next one too.I can't abandon a series in the middle.Please think of something better next time than to sacrificing Nora for the same reason again. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
I like these books - but I want to like them more. My big issue is the lack of togetherness for the main couple, Nora and Patch. Honestly, they spend three quarters of each book apart and only one quarter of the time together. I'm all for building the sexual and romantic tension, but I'd really like to see more of them together. ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
Well. This is the second book of the Hush Hush saga. And at first, I really found it dragging since Patch and Nora are having trouble in their relationship and it just got me a bit frustrated (since I've missed Patch and Nora fluffs, you know). As the story goes on though, there goes the page-tearing action that just got me going through the book! There goes Nora's mom and Hank Millar's affair which will soon be revealed by Marcie which makes matters worse for Nora. Nora's life sucked on this one. She thought she lost Patch to Marcie. She felt so alone. Her mom is having an affair with her enemy's father. What could make matters worse? Knowing that you're dad isn't your real dad after all. Sucks! Oh well. The ending is such a cliffhanger!! But a big thumbs up on this one! ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |
Crescendo is the sequel to Hush, Hush, the story of the infuriating Nora and her fallen angel lover boy Patch. Right from the start there was a lot about this novel that irked me. They may seem like little things, but they add up to the reading experience of the book as a whole. I'm going to remember those little things. Well, most of them, hopefully.

At the start of Crescendo, Patch and Nora have been happily dating for two whole months. Wow! Good on them. There's been a lot of making out and...I don't think much else. Nora keeps blowing off her best friend to spend time with Patch (something like: I'm not going to answer her call because I'm not going to see Patch again until TOMORROW NIGHT. Must make the most of our time! That sort of stuff) and she's SO IN LOVE WITH HIM and SO HAPPY. Just in case you didn't know. So that's irritating enough to read as it is. Then Nora does stupid stuff like antagonize the mean girl, then go and cry when the mean girl is mean - what did you expect, Nora? And it's not like you were being nice (I could hear your snotty tone). That's just background stuff. The big thing comes when Patch drives her home, they're making out in his Jeep, he's saying he wants to be with her forever, she comes out with 'I love you'. Then he's gone. He leaves. Some more stuff happens, Nora gets mad for no reason, Patch is being mysterious and the next thing you know, they break up. I know what you're thinking. They're so much in love, how can this happen? Well Nora has a flair for melodrama, in case you hadn't realized. And that's pretty much why.

There's a lot of back and forth of 'I love Patch' 'I don't trust Patch' 'but he can't be with anyone else' 'I'm going to break into his house' etc and unfortunately there's a lot of stuff with all these extra characters such as Scott and Marcie that overshadows the much cooler plot that seems to be neglected because of Nora's obsession with Patch - the fallen angel/Nephilim storyline! I enjoy these books much more when that is the main focus as opposed to Nora's little games she tries to play with Patch. Because you know what Nora? People who love each other do not hurt try to hurt each other, no matter how hurt they may be themselves. Which to me only further cements how silly and immature Nora is. But I get sidetracked. This book gets a raised rating of 3 stars, as opposed to 2.5, because there was more cool angel stuff in it, loved the little twists even though they were a little predictable. I think I would enjoy this more if Nora wasn't our heroine. I also think she should stop breaking into houses. Not cool, Nora. I don't care if your ex-boyfriend is seeing someone else, and you broke it off so you shouldn't either.

The other problem is there's a few too many characters we're not supposed to like, as if Nora is getting attacked by everyone on all sides. She's not that special! Also there is a tendency for one bad thing to happen or revealing information learned, then moved on from in the next chapter. I think I'm done. Oh wait, one last thing. There's a few inconsistencies I picked up, like in the first book Nora's dad was dead, yes, it was sad but more about how her and her mum were now on their own. But in this book, even a hamburger makes Nora think of her dead father. So you didn't miss him then but you do now?

I just realized this review was mainly complaints. Sorry about that - it's one of those books. Onward to book 3, hopefully we get some more angel stuff! ( )
  crashmyparty | Jun 21, 2014 |
This one took me longer to read but I found it really interesting. It was tedious at times because she and Patch kept falling out and I felt for her increasing jealousy but I wished she'd just TALK to him and he'd ANSWER her. They were as bad as eachother.
It took me much longer this time to guess the twist, the 'who done it' bit. But I did guess before it was revealed but this time, it made the experience thrilling because you were waiting for her to work it out and you were wondering what would happen when she did.
A great cliffhanger too for the next book, which I'm currently reading as well. 4 out of 5 stars (loses the one star simply for being a little tedious and because her character sometimes grates against my own, but I like her all the same.) ( )
  IceMaiden786 | May 31, 2014 |

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket.

Sixteen-year-old Nora Grey struggles to face the truth while coping with having a fallen angel boyfriend named Patch and unraveling the mystery surrounding her father's death.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,651,718 books! | Top bar: Always visible