Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever

by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls (3)

This series grew on me. And I am a big fan of Maggie Stiefvater's work already, so I'm glad this finished on a high note. Now I am going to finish this review with a quote from the Author's Notes at the end, that really knocked the series home for me:

"Mutual, respectful, enduring love is completely attainable as long as you swear you won't settle for less." ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |

s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
Best one! Love Cole ( )
  mleivers | Aug 29, 2016 |
I was very pleased with the ending to this trilogy! This series was my first to read by Maggie Stiefvater and I am so glad that I read it because it introduced me to her books. I loved Sam and Grace and was happy with how their story together turned out. I also love that the series takes place in my home state, MN. Not a lot of books or movies do so it's always cool to find one that does. I'm looking forward to reading more about Cole and Isabel in Sinner. ( )
  pennma05 | Jul 21, 2016 |
I enjoyed this semi-conclusion to this series. (SINNER is on my Kindle to read in a while.) This book has been sitting on my stack since 2011. So it would be safe to say that the details of the first two books in this series were quite hazy in my mind. Fortunately, I didn't have any trouble picking up the story again.

The book is told in four unique viewpoints: Sam's, Grace's, Isabel's and Cole's. Each one shades the story through their perceptions and together we get a complete picture.

When the story begins, Sam is "cured," Grace is spending most of her time as a wolf, Cole is desperately trying to find a "cure," and Isabel is dealing with her feeling for Cole, grief for her brother's death, and her friendship with Grace.

Things are getting hard for the wolves as Isabel's father is determined to get the wolves removed from protected status and organize a helicopter hunt to exterminate them. Sam is coming to terms with his relationship with Beck as he learns things that change what he thought he knew. I really liked getting to know Cole better through this story. I also really liked Sam and Grace's romance.

Though the ending is somewhat ambiguous, I am going to believe that Sam and Grace live happily ever after. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jun 27, 2016 |

Maggie Stiefvaterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For those who chose "yes"
I can be so, so quiet.

A human girl and her werewolf boyfriend must fight for their love as death comes closing in.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,887,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible