Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan

Towers of Midnight

by Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson

Series: Wheel of Time (13)

Oh my....I am nearly desperate for the final book and who knows when it will be coming out! This book was insane! Everyone was great in this one. The first book I actually liked everyone in. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
lets see how it will end! near the end, the feeling is quite good, it's high time the last battle happen!
Waiting for the end! ( )
  Gerardlionel | Apr 1, 2016 |
Plot:

A whole lot going on! Just read the blurb.

My thoughts:

Omg, omg! I have been in such a reading frenzy, barely been able to put down this incredibly big and heavy book. I have read like crazy, and fast, because I just wanted to get to the end. I have been lamenting, and swearing. Oh how I love The Wheel of Time.

I do not even know how to start, or where. I'll just write whatever pops up in my mind.

Perrin, never been a big fan of him but here I was cursing cos I wanted to read faster and get to his chapters. He had a meeting with those nasty white cloaks (oh have I despise those righteous bastards!) Especially that idiot Galad, but, I am not going to say anything more. Mat, he had quite the adventure as he is searching for Moiraine, who should be dead. And he has to deal with those weird foxes and snakes again. But way too little Rand. He was just in and out trying to fix things and prepare all for the last battle. Also I finally think I know who is leading The Forsaken now, I can't wait to see if I am right. As for the male madness, Rand has fixed that, but how the Black and White tower will stand in the future is anyones guess.

The women still annoy me, honestly what is up with that? And why is Min always the one who gets to travel around with Rand, his little tomboy who hates to wear dresses *rolls eyes*, and pregnant Elayne is just left in Andor. Dunno if I like what she is doing with her new kingdom. Anyway the only woman I can seem to stand is Berelain, she is a flirt and she knows what she wants.

Rambling much, yeah.

The Last Battle, it's actually just around the corner. I never thought that would happen. This book picks together all the pieces and shoves all the armies to the north. The next book, oh I hope it's not 800 pages of battle! Because it looks to be that way.

Hate hate the Seanchan, those bloody idiots will ruin the world. I can see it now, the last battle won and the Seanchan conquering the world *grinds teeth*, I wish Rand would use balefire and wipe them all out. I used to hate the whitecloaks like crazy( because they are religious zealots), but now all my hate is directed towards the Seanchan who wants to conquer and destroy. And who doesn't even believe there is a dark lord in wait to swallow the world in darkness.

Recommendation and final thoghts:

Hell yeah! Read this series, it is just the way I want my fantasy, I love it beyond words. Sure there are A LOT of characters, a lot of things going on, but if I can keep up with it when I am reading like a madwoman then it should be a piece of cake when reading normally (which I do when I re-read, lol.)

Ok, calm down. I am must try to write something clever. Get my act together.

This book managed what I never thought it would, put pieces together and move forward. It made me ache that I do not have book 14 and must wait a whole year. And when I get that book I will read it like crazy again. This is my one and only autobuy.

Have I made it clear I freaking loved the book? ;)

Cover: yawns, no I do not like when all the covers are alike. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
So exciting! Makes the rest of the series worth it, honestly. It's like Brandon Sanderson went and did all the things that readers wished Robert Jordan would've done the whole time. So satisfying.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Started reading it on 01/01/11. It's 842 pages long! It may take a bit. I'm about half way through the book. I really enjoyed reading Nynaeve's 100 weave feat and getting to take Lan as her Warder. Finished reading 2/10/11, it would have been faster if other books hadn't come in from the library. Once I got through the first half the second half just pulled you along. Definitely can see that the next book has to be the last. We're ready for The Last Battle. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |

Robert Jordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sanderson, Brandonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kramer, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It soon became obvious with the stedding, that the Pattern was growing frail. The sky darkened. Our dead appeared, standing in rings outside the border of the stedding, looking in. Most troublingly, trees fell ill, and no song would heal them.

It was in this time of sorrows that I stepped up to the Great Stump. At first, I was forbidden, but my mother, Covril, demanded I have my chance. I do not know what sparked her change of heart, as she herself had argued quite decisively for the opposing side. My hands shook. I would be the last speaker, and most seemed to have already made up their minds to open the Book of Translation. They considered me and afterthought.

And I knew that unless I spoke true, humanity would be left alone to face the Shadow. In that moment, my nervousness fled. I felt only a stillness, a calm sense of purpose. I opened my mouth, and I began to speak.

—from The Dragon Reborn, by Loial,
son of Arent son of Halan, of Stedding Shangtai
Lo, it shall Come upon the wold that the prison of the the Greatest One shall grow weak, like the limbs of those who crafted it. Once again  His glorious cloak shall smother the Pattern of all things,and the Great Lord shall stretch forth his hand to claim what is His

In that day, when the One-Eyed Fool travels the halls of mourning, and the First Among Vermin lift his hand to bring freedom to Him who will Destroy, the last days of the Fallen Blacksmith's pride shall come. Yea, and the Broken Wolf, the one whom Death has known, shall fall and be consumed by the Midnight Towers. And his destruction shall bring fear and sorrow to the hearts of men, and shall shake there very will itself.

And then, shall the Lord of the Evening come. And He shall take our eyes, for our souls shall bow before Him, and He shall take our skin, for our flesh shall serve him, And He shall take our lips, for only him we praise. And the Lord of the Evening shall face the Broken Champion, And shall spill his blood and bring us the Darkness so beautiful. Let the screams begin, O followers of the Shadow. Beg for your destruction!

—from The Prophecies of the Shadow
For Jason Denzel, Melissa Craib, Bob Kluttz, Jennifer Liang, Linda Taglieri, Matt Hatch, Leigh Butler, Mike Mackert, and all those readers who over the years have made The Wheel of Time part of their lives, and in doing so have made the lives of others better.
Mandarb's hooves beat a familiar rhythm on broken ground as Lan Mandragoran rode to his death.

The Last Battle has started. The seals on the Dark One’s prison are crumbling. The Pattern itself is unraveling, and the armies of the Shadow have begun to boil out of the Blight.The sun has begun to set upon the Third Age. Perrin Aybara is now hunted by specters from his past: Whitecloaks, a slayer of wolves, and the responsibilities of leadership. All the while, an unseen foe is slowly pulling a noose tight around his neck. To prevail, he must seek answers in Tel’aran’rhiod and find a way--at long last--to master the wolf within him or lose himself to it forever. Meanwhile, Matrim Cauthon prepares for the most difficult challenge of his life. The creatures beyond the stone gateways--the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn--have confused him, taunted him, and left him hanged, his memory stuffed with bits and pieces of other men’s lives. He had hoped that his last confrontation with them would be the end of it, but the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. The time is coming when he will again have to dance with the Snakes and the Foxes, playing a game that cannot be won. The Tower of Ghenjei awaits, and its secrets will reveal the fate of a friend long lost. This penultimate novel of Robert Jordan’s #1 New York Times bestselling series--the second of three based on materials he left behind when he died in 2007--brings dramatic and compelling developments to many threads in the Pattern. The end draws near.Dovie’andi se tovya sagain. It’s time to toss the dice.

As the seals on the Dark One's prison crumble and the armies of the Shadow boil out of the Blight, Perrin Aybara, hunted by specters from his past, must seek answers in "Tel'aran'rhiod" and find a way to master the wolf within him--or lose himself to it forever. Meanwhile, Matrim Cauthon prepares for the most difficult challenge of his life ... as The Tower of Ghenjei awaits.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,185,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible