Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

Savor the Moment (edition 2012)

by Nora Roberts

Member:bustamante
Title:Savor the Moment
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Jove (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

Savor the Moment
1 Star

DNF - This has to be the ONLY Nora Roberts book that I have been unable to finish and actively dislike. Boring and tedious with characters that I just couldn't care less about. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Laurel and Del... they were good together.. I enjoyed the story.. but I must say I was enjoying the glimpses of Parker and Malcolm just a wee bit more.. can't wait for the last book! ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
After finishing Bed of Roses again and without killing myself, I eagerly picked up this book next. Laurel McBane and Parker Brown are the last two women of the Quartet to find their true loves and from their appearances in the first two books, I also felt they were the stronger ladies too. Laurel, at least, had a backbone.

And of course it was hinted that her life long crush on Delaney Brown, Parker's older brother was waiting for its turn to finally make a public appearance. At this point, I knew the formula for this particular series so nothing about the Laurel-Delaney romance surprised me. I wasn't really disappointed either. In fact, as I turned the pages, I couldn't even pinpoint how I felt about this story.

Delaney, like the previous two leading men in the series, was nothing short of perfect. Sure, he had his moments of typical bachelorisms and a slight aloofness that I'm not sure was entirely unnatural given what the female characters mostly seem to expect of the men. But he was extraordinarily handsome, sweet, caring, wealthy, just about anything you can ask for. And somehow Laurel, also perfectly gifted, gorgeous, toned, smart, capable, etc., found a way to feel insecure despite the seemingly independent life she led prior to returning back to Greenwich and their home.

In this world of the flawless, I sadly found a few:
- Why does Nora Roberts overuse "awesome" in the dialogue of teenagers, no matter how precocious? No one talks like that.
- In fact, no one talks like any of these characters, no matter what age.
- Why does Mac never lock her door?
- Why does everyone hate Linda and insist on how they'd deal with her next time, etc. but still get so deeply affected by whatever Linda says as she always manages to have the last word?
- Why is Linda even allowed on the property?
- The focus was all over the place. It was as if NR realized how boring this relationship is so let's throw in a bunch of client meetings and events and oh, by the way!, sneak preview of the next story!
- Can Mac have an entire conversation without mentioning how amazing Carter is? Even Emma is not that bad about Jack.
- Laurel. Laurel was supposed to be a strong, sassy, takes-no-crap kind of lady. Instead she was too closed off, insecure, and over dramatic. I almost didn't believe the ending and maybe Delaney is perfect since he somehow found a way to deal with her.

I could go on, I guess, but really, I didn't go into this series expecting phenomenal. Even while being a NR fan. Despite all this, the setting and characters are like a perfect little dream. And with Parker, I hope NR saved the best for last. ( )
  ThePdawg | Jan 14, 2018 |
This is definitely my favorite quartet by Nora Roberts, and it's a toss up whether Vision In White or Savor The Moment is my favorite of the four. The story, the characters... It's just a lovely story and so easy to lose yourself in! Highly, highly recommend the series. ( )
  Kdillin | Nov 1, 2016 |
So I reached the third volume in the bridal quartet and I'm so excited to see Chef Laurel and Del fall in love. In the second book, Bed of Roses, Nora Roberts has kind of outlined the two last books, and who the girls will fall in love with. I just love to see how it all builds up and falls in the perfect place.

It was heart wrenching to see how much Laurel wanted and loved Del since they were kids. I'm so glad he finally saw her as more than a younger sister and as his sister Parker's best friend.

Linda, Mac's mom is a total nightmare! I feel sorry for Mac but at least she got her man, who loves her, her best friends and a job that is more than a home and a hobby.

I loved the holiday chapters, it was nice to see our girls relaxing and having fun, I'm excited to read about Parker and Mel, but I'm also sad that the next book will be the last one. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Laurel's tart fairy tale romance offers few surprises, but it's impossible to deny Roberts's flair for sketching likable couples.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly (Mar 8, 2010)

Wedding baker Laurel McBane is surrounded by romance working at Vows wedding planning company with her best friends Parker, Emma, and Mac. But she's too low-key to appreciate all the luxuries that their clients seem to long for. What she does appreciate is a strong, intelligent man, a man just like Parker's older brother Delaney, on whom she's had a mega-crush since childhood.

Wedding baker Laurel McBane is surrounded by romance working at Vows wedding planning company with her best friends Parker, Emma, and Mac. Low-key and unpretentious, she longs for the seemingly unreachable Ivy League lawyer Delaney, Parker's older brother.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,770,574 books! | Top bar: Always visible