Complicit by Nicci French

Complicit (2009)

by Nicci French

Dutch (7)  English (4)  All languages (11)
READ IN DUTCH

I believe this is the last book I got from my aunt, perhaps she didn't really like the books in the end either.

The story starts right in the middle; the main character is in a room with a corpse. But what happened? She can't remember.

I couldn't really get into this story. It felt repetitive to me, and perhaps that's why I didn't like this book. It switches between before and after the murder a lot, and I think there are few authors who can intertwine two different times in a nice and interesting way. Nicci French didn't succeed in doing so, in my opinion. I found this book a bit disappointing. ( )
  Floratina | Jan 4, 2015 |
I have very much enjoyed all of Nicci French's books, but have the feeling that they are now becoming a bit formulaic. The thriller is as ever well set up, with the lead character found at the start standing over a dead body, and the action unfolding before and after the event, and the writing is smooth and reliable, with the requisite twists and turns throughout. There's nothing at all wrong with it, and it's a good read, but I would love to see the authors branch out into different territory - perhaps a male protagonist? Or a third person narrative? For the first time, I think, they have created a heroine who can't cook (I rather miss the food writing), so perhaps that's a first step...
  otterley | Dec 30, 2010 |
As always , Nicci French serves up a haunting psychological drama of murder and deceit. The novel opens with Bonnie Graham, the main character, staring down at the dead body of a man at a friend's flat. Who killed him? Was it Bonnie? The answer is a many layered puzzle and the novel tells the story moving from "before' and "after'. ( )
  bhowell | Sep 1, 2010 |
Reviewed for Mystery Scene Magazine.
  bfister | Jun 6, 2010 |
Voor Jacob, Marika, Kersti, Claes, Tobias, Torkel en Mattias. Liefs, Nicci en Sean
Ik draaide me om en keek of de deur van het appartement goed dicht was.
nieuwjaarsgeschenk 1/1/2010 van freek en gracy

Bonnie finds her summer fling boyfriend and fellow band member, Hayden, dead on the floor of a friend's London apartment. She proceeds to hide the corpse and obliterate every sign of her presence at the crime scene. Hayden's well-known involvement with other women could have provided Bonnie a motive for murder. To complicate matters, at least one more person appears to have altered the crime scene.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,168,763 books! | Top bar: Always visible