A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley

A Little Wanting Song

by Cath Crowley

I really liked this book. Charlie is a musician with talent who is too shy to show it and Rose is the girl who wants to leave town. It is interesting to me how Rose didn't like Charlie but then began to like her. I have not read many books that are so emotional and it was a bit of a nice change from what I usually read. ( )
  | Jul 1, 2014 | edit |
  | Jul 1, 2014 | edit |
Wait a little longer

If you wait a little longer
I’ll be getting closer soon
I’m really very close
Got some things to say
And you’ll be hearing from me soon
I’m not that far away
I’m writing almost-love-songs
That I’ll be singing to you soon
They’re really close to ready
  Soplada | Feb 27, 2014 |
3.5 stars ( )
  bonniemarjorie | May 7, 2013 |
Very, very nice. The characters and situations were made very real and I was very absorbed into their lives and emotions. This is among the best coming-of-age novels I've read. As with the others of the genre that I've liked a lot, it's more the writing of the characters than it is the story, I think, that really makes it what it is. If this stays with me long enough I may have to come back and add the fifth star. I'm looking forward to Graffiti Moon. ( )
  Yona | May 2, 2013 |

A summer of friendship, romance, and songs in major chords. . . .

CHARLIE DUSKIN loves music, and she knows she's good at it. But she only sings when she's alone, on the moonlit porch or in the back room at Old Gus's Secondhand Record and CD Store. Charlie's mom and grandmother have both died, and this summer she's visiting her grandpa in the country, surrounded by ghosts and grieving family, and serving burgers to the local kids at the milk bar. She's got her iPod, her guitar, and all her recording equipment, but she wants more: A friend. A dad who notices her. The chance to show Dave Robbie that she's not entirely unspectacular.

ROSE BUTLER lives next door to Charlie's grandfather and spends her days watching cars pass on the freeway and hanging out with her troublemaker boyfriend. She loves Luke but can't wait to leave their small country town. And she's figured out a way: she's won a scholarship to a science school in the city, and now she has to convince her parents to let her go. This is where Charlie comes in. Charlie, who lives in the city, and whom Rose has ignored for years. Charlie, who just might be Rose's ticket out.

Told in alternating voices and filled with music, friendship, and romance, Charlie and Rose's "little wanting song" is about the kind of longing that begins as a heavy ache but ultimately makes us feel hopeful and wonderfully alive.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:48 -0400)

One Australian summer, two very different sixteen-year-old girls--Charlie, a talented but shy musician, and Rose, a confident student longing to escape her tiny town--are drawn into an unexpected friendship, as told in their alternating voices.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,211,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible